Thursday, March 25, 2021

New Toys

 

While browsing at the Crayola site, I saw some markers that I thought would be fun to play with for greeting cards and mail art.. Two sets of metal markers. Standard metal markers and metal markers with color along the edge. Both sets of markers require vigorous shaking and then pressing the spring loaded, bullet tip on a sheet of scrap paper to get the paint flowing.

The metal markers came in six metallic colors: Bronze, Copper, Titanium, Silver, Rose Gold, and Gold. The paint went on easily. There wasn’t much difference in color between the Titanium and Silver, and the Rose Gold and Gold. The packaging states the markers are permanent on fabric, wood, canvas, and terra cotta.

The metallic outline markers are juicy and write smoothly. I wish the color ribbon was wider than the metallic as some colors the colored outline doesn’t show up well. It may also be that I wrote with the tip and didn’t try writing with the side of the marker.


I was disappointed that the metallic outline markers bled through the paper. The paper I used was Canson 98 lb. mixed media paper. If using these markers to letter cards, maker sure you glue your writing to the card base.

The liquid metal markers did not bleed through.

Overall, a fun marker to add a bit of bling to ephemera.




24 comments:

  1. Nice markers! I have a selection of the metal ones. Enjoy your new toys! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crayola products-I have the metallic markers were fun to use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Crayola, too. Have found some really useful tools like very soft paint brushes for brushing off gold leaf.

      Delete
  3. That was really disappointing on this paper. I'm guessing it wouldn't be an issue on 140 lb (300 gm) watercolor paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's good to see samples of them like you wrote. I've also been on a thing lately where I've wanted colored pens. I found gel pens work the best for me but I did find a black pen that is an oil pen...it's very smooth - i like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it helpful when people share their experience with tools.

      Delete
  5. What fun new toys you got. I think you will find lots of fun with them. I have a black fine line Sharpie that bleeds through everything, too, so I can relate. Your calligraphy is great even backwards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Thank you for the warning. I have metal markers, too and only so far used them once on thick carton. I´ll be careful with paper...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just glue another sheet behind or use a heavy weight watercolor paper

      Delete
  7. Fun. I love metallic markers. Too bad they bleed through. The Farber-Castell metallics don't bleed through, just a recommendation if you are looking for some that don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I was looking for fun and cheap 😉 Guess I found it, too.

      Delete
  8. They look fab and how exciting to have new crafting goodies, enjoy! Happy wishes 😁. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These markers look great. And now you know that some of them bleed, so you can take precautions. My sister Mary might like these, so I'll send her this blog link. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! These look like really fun markers! I am going to look for them. I have several different types of markers but there is always room for more :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Target carries Crayola products. I don't know if Target carries these markers. I bought the markers directly from Crayola

      Delete