Sunday, March 14, 2021

How Does Your Garden Grow?

 A backwards story this week as you never know how Blogger will handle multiple pictures


Starved for some Spring, I bought myself a pot of mini daffodils from the grocery store.


Blue skies and no snow on the solar panels


and with the sun high in the sky, we're able to make electricity and use electricity from the solar battery so we're off the grid. At least until the sun goes down and the solar battery discharges.


North side of the house, no snow on the roof and just a bit left on the hill


Daffodils or tulips starting to wake up


or tulips and daffodils


Somebody needs to rake the gravel from the grass where the snow plow piled it up.


Harvey, the weather station, is wishful thinking just like me. Outdoor temp of 41 oF, but a feels like temperature of 86 degrees. 


A muddy path to the birdfeeder


Melting, it's melting



I almost forgot about the St. Patrick's Day magnets


'Tis Himself and Herself, too



I love you, Harvey


Brrrrr


Snow and cold on the tundra

How does your garden grow? And a Happy Pi Day!

18 comments:

  1. Looks rather chilly. Here it's stormy with rain and wind, but my hospital room is warm and cozy! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. March is so fickle. We had a couple of warm days, wild and windy weather, and now back to the cold. I'm glad your cozy and hope you continue to get better

      Delete
  2. Happy π - day - asked Hubby, his Brother´s mower is called Karl-Heinz.
    I feel like Mary Poppins with the storm here - has Autumn arrived?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary Poppins might have arrived in the Wind, but she brought a change in the weather for the better.

      Delete
  3. Happy Pi day to you CJ. I just realized I had a piece of take out pie yesterday and I should have saved it for today. Your melt looks similar to our but you have some signs of spring with those bulbs popping up a bit! That is exciting. I am jealous. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to see the shoots as I had looked for them earlier in the week and there was nothing popping through.

      Pie is the traditional treat, but any round food is acceptable to celebrate Pi Day: donuts, cookies, pizza, cake

      Delete
  4. Brrr is right! You have my sympathies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to buy the daffodil pot at the grocery store. The flowers are lovely. It's good to see your snow is melting. Yay! I love the St. Patrick's Day cat greeters on your door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost forgot about the St. Patrick's Day cats. Glad I found them when putting stuff back in the hope chest

      Delete
  6. Kitty Cat ShamROCKS - Love It

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What else would a crazy cat lady have for decorations😺 I hope you're not getting buried under snow

      Delete
  7. The solar panels must be such a joy :)

    We're having rain and highs in the 70s. I cut back all my fall-blooming sunflowers and moved some of my potted abelia into a bed. I'm anxiously watching my potted redbud and dogwood, hoping that bitter cold we had didn't kill them. I hope they lived. They've done so well so far.

    It's still sooo cold where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring is coming! Hang in there CJ! Love your decorations!! So happy you liked my big bunny! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is starting to waken, but most of all, I love the tiny daffodils you bought. They are lovely. Of course, I also like your St. Patrick's Day decorations and your magnets, too. Happy belated Pi Day. I read what you told Erika. I had a cookie on Pi Day, so I guess I DID celebrate it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like the daffodils you bought.
    Belated Happy Pi Day :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. good your snow is melting! I love how you decorate for each holiday. I use to somewhat when the kids were little but always admired those who took the time to do each one. Our now had completely melted all the way in the back yard four days ago and then another storm came. everything is white. I am so over it.

    ReplyDelete