Thursday, March 4, 2021

The Things We Talk and Think About

 We were watching television when a commercial came on for a movie.

Me: Isn't that Toby Maguire?

Himself: Yeah, Spiderman

Me: Y'know if a guy came at me shooting spider webs from his wrists

Image from https://www.clearwallpaper.com/spiderman-wallpapers/

[ed: I have a morbid fear of spiders. To a group: Hi, I'm CJ and I'm an arachnophobe.
Group: Hi, CJ]

Me: I'd be doing the spider scream (which starts off like a low siren building to a ululating crescendo) and possibly accompanied by the little dance.


Spiderman would be like But....I'm your friendly, neighborhood Spiderman!

Me: I don't care how friendly he would be. That blood curdling, scream would be reaching ear shattering decibels interspersed with KillitKillitKillitKillitKillit......

Himself: I'd whack him with a rolled up magazine.

Me:  He'd better hope it wasn't catalog day when the Blick catalog arrived


We thought it was funny, but maybe you had to be there.

15 comments:

  1. It WAS funny! I laughed and I didn't even have to be there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiderman: Not my favorite superhero. By far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, angsty, teen superheroes get on my nerves

      Delete
  3. I am not a fan of bugs or spiders! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you do a scream and a little dance when you see spiders?

      Delete
  4. Ha. You are so funny.
    Sorry, I'm late, we were having internet issues. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see the spider dance in person! 😺

      Delete
  5. I am only weary of black window or a few other poisonous ones. the rest if I find them I let them crawl up on a kleenex or something and put them outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually scream for someone else to do that for me

      Delete
    2. LOLOL ... I use to but then I talked with them a bit and told them I wouldn't tolerate them hanging around in the showers or sinks - i warned them I would drown them.

      Delete
  6. This was really funnier than I expected.

    ReplyDelete