Saturday, September 14, 2019

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Lassie Come Home (1943) Roddy McDowell, Elizabeth Taylor, Donald Crisp

If you haven't seen this movie, it looks like it's for rent on YouTube.

18 comments:

  1. Oh my, this takes me right back to my childhood! I always loved the Lassie movies, I think I'm going to get all nostalgic and watch it again 😁. Many thanks and happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy movies about dogs, so this one looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I always had to watch Lassie as a kid and din't like it! Cartoons, newsreels, westerns and Lassie were always the things we got to watch! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't watch Lassie movies. All the 'whining' distresses me!
    :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember Timmy whining when he was down the well. 😉

      Delete
  5. I was never a Lassie fan, though I read every Lad, a Dog book I could get my hands on. I might like Lassie more now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several Lassies on the television show were actually Laddies 😄

      Delete
  6. As usual, I am left in the dark. I've never seen one of the Lassie movies. I understand it was also a TV show at one time, but we didn't have a tv when I was growing up, so I missed a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Lassie. She is such an iconic dog. This is a good film. I remember it. Happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Roddy McDowell and Elizabeth Taylor were so cute

      Delete
  8. Did Lassie come home? The suspense is killing me.

    new follower.

    ReplyDelete