Monday, March 16, 2020

First Garden Kite of The Season

With milder temperatures and Spring about 2 months ahead of schedule, it seemed like the perfect time to put things out in the Zensical garden.


The recent trip to Harry's to find the restaurant wasn't offering Whoopie Pies on the dessert menu made me decide to make Whoopie Pies in order to celebrate Pi Day which was on March 14. (Wow, is that a run on sentence, or what?)

I also decided to make a garden kite to put out in the Zensical garden.


For those of you wondering what Whoopie Pies are, they aren't technically pies, but two, small-ish, (4 in.) round, chocolate cakes with a marshmallow creme filling. This is the recipe I followed since it used a cake mix to make the cake/cookie.

 Himself's mother used to make the best Whoopie Pies. He also said the Whoopie Pies I made were better than his mother's. High praise, indeed.

Did you celebrate Pi Day?

21 comments:

  1. I had pizza pie, and even though it was good pizza, your whoopie pies do look a lot better. That's my sweet tooth talking. And what better way to celebrate than by making that flag. Spring starts this week. Hopefully spring will really be here then. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful garden flag and love the sound of whoopie pies, yummy! Have a nice day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! They look awesome! Nice touch for the Zensical garden. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Zensical garden will look nicer when the flamingos get outside ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  4. Whoopie Pies sound a bit like Hostess cupcakes. I went to Target on Pi Day for regular shopping and picked up a little package of 2 frozen pie wedges. That was fun. I love your Pi Day flag :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoopie pies are more like the Drakes Cupcakes. No frosting on top and no squiggle.

      Delete
    2. I've never heard of Drakes. Regional differences are bigger than I sometimes realize.

      Delete
  5. Pie In The Sky - Brilliant

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Aren't moon pie banana flavor and yellow cake?

      Delete
  7. love the flag ...i wish we were having warmer temps ..oh well they will be here soon enough. woopie pies - yum...never made those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a recipe that uses a chocolate cake mix to make the base so the whoopie pies are pretty easy to make. Let me know if you want the recipe

      Delete
  8. I have never had a woopie pie! I want one! Love your flag CJ! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you close to Maine? Whoopie pies are the official state dessert

      Delete
  9. After AT&T ran a new line and new connectors on Wednesday, I was finally back online. Just when I thought things were stable, I was once again offline for over nine hours. At least this time, I was able to get back on. Sorry I’m SO late visiting. I'll try to catch up if I can stay online. I've never had a whoopie pie. I'm not fond of marshmallow, though. I do think they look good.

    I was really interested in the flag. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The marshmallow is mixed with other ingredients to make a kind of frosting/filling. It's sweet, but you don't really taste the marshmallow

      Delete