Tuesday, March 3, 2020

T Stands for Aussie-some Dessert

After early voting in Massachusetts' Primary election, Himself and I went out to lunch at the Outback. Himself had a coupon.

The Outback Restaurant is an Australian themed steakhouse restaurant though they serve a variety of chicken, seafood, and sandwiches with colorful Aussie names. I wasn't planning on using this outing as a T Day post so I didn't take pictures of the signature bread, grilled shrimp appetizer, my steak and coconut shrimp  😻 with baked sweet potato and a salad or Himself's cup of clam chowder, salmon with bacon and Summer squash. I had my usual unsweetened iced tea with lemon and Himself had a Coke.

There was nothing special about this lunch. Until dessert.



New to Outback's dessert menu, this Aussie-some dessert served on a boomerang.  The cups from left to right contained chunks of the Chocolate Thunder Down Under Brownie, whipped cream, chocolate for dipping, chunks of a Vanilla Rum cake, and chunks of pineapple and strawberries. There was more than enough to share and enough to take home. Aces!

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.


32 comments:

  1. Now that looks like a really good dessert! Yummy! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dessert served like this is such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to serve dessert! and leftovers too are the best-Happy T wishes Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to an Outback and I hope it was a GREAT coupon, because nothing is cheap there. Nothing is inexpensive, either. That dessert is out of this world. I would have been full with your appetizer and dessert. Broke, too (grin).

    Thanks for sharing your dessert and drinks with us from Outback for T this Tuesday. And thanks for voting, too. We don't get a primary. The Dems have a caucus and the Repubs have canceled their caucus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the coupon was 15% off. If you are an AARP member present your member card with the check and get 10% off.

      Delete
    2. I think Sally is a member of AARP. Obviously, I am not. BTW, Sally told me this morning that there will be a primary this year instead of a caucus in KS for both Dems and Republicans. There are lots of republicans who want to take Pat Roberts' seat in the senate. They have decided to NOT put presidential candidates on the ballet, though. Wells won't get a chance, especially since we are a redder than red state.

      Delete
  5. Wow that dessert sounds amazing, never seen that done before, lovely mixture of items to mix
    Happy t day, jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although we have I believe two Outback restaurants in our area we have never been to one. My hubby would LOVE that dessert arrangement- and I doubt there'd be any left to bring home:) Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually only eat half of what's on the plate when I go out to eat. With appetizer, salad, and dinner, I was full so didn't have a lot of the dessert. The portions were generous so there might be some to take home. 😺

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is certainly a scrummy dessert! How amazing that it is served on a boomerang and the brownies and vanilla rum cake look so delicious 😀. They would go down nicely with my cuppa today - yum ...lol 😉. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The boomerang serving platter was a fun presentation.

      Delete
  8. Wow, that dessert looks great. I need to find an excuse to go to the nearest Outback for lunch soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have Outback steak houses here, but I haven't been in a while and haven't seen that dessert. Wow! That's such a cool way to serve it :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love eating at Outback. We have one near us and we usually go there for special occasions like birthdays, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or running errands, don't feel like cooking, a Tuesday
      😺

      Delete
  11. Outback is soooo good! Glad you enjoyed ~ Blessings on your week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, and Wow again! That looks super scrummy! Forget about the meal, I would just have that! But the menu sounded nice too. I'm afraid there are no Outback restaurants in Spain. Perhaps it's better that way....
    Happy T-Day.
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our Outback restaurant doesn't have anything like your Aussie-some boomerang desert. I plan to complain.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dessert is something else. Wow. We don't have an Outback locally so I haven't been there in ages which means I haven't seen this dessert. Right up my alley. Hope it was a happy T day-and if nothing else, the temperature should have been fantastic. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one. Dr. Seuss. Though weather dudes are saying Thursday is the pick of the week.

      Delete
  15. You go to some great places to eat!! How yummy! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete