Saturday, March 7, 2020

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


Pippin: His Life and Times (1981) Ben Vereen, William Katt

If you haven't seen this movie, it looks like it is available for free on YouTube.

24 comments:

  1. Well, nor surprise today, I have neither heard of it nor seen it! I think my list of movies would not be more than 10! Enjoy your weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is difficult picking just 10 movies. Genre are perhaps easier to choose. Like Westerns (John Wayne, Clint Eastwood), Comedy, (Marx Brothers, or classics like Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton), Religious, (Spartacus, The 10 Commandments,) but no horror or crime movies.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fire up the DVD player, I'll bring the popcorn.

      Delete
  3. Pippin is one of my all-time favorites! I still have all the songs memorized and have the movie on DVD and also the soundtrack. Such a wonderful movie! Now, I must put on the soundtrack while I take care of my FB/Blog/Twitter/Email business :) Magic to Do ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought William Katt was great as Pippin and there just aren't enough superlatives to describe Ben Vereen.

      Delete
  4. Not my cup of tea, but that's what makes horse races, as they say. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would have a hard time picking out 10 movies too, I'm not much of a movie watcher, I prefer reading over watching a movie.

    Hope that you are having a wonderful weekend :) We had a date night last night which was awesome :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lately, I seem to see novels rather than read them. Glad you had an awesome date night.

      Delete
  6. I am not familiar with this one-Have a good rest of your weekend-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular version of the play had a great cast. Besides Vereen and Katt, the cast also included Chita Rivera and Martha Raye

      Delete
  7. I've also not heard of this movie, BUT I like William Katt and Ben Vereen, so this might be something I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I needed to check out your movie this weekend. Once again, I don't know it. Well, that's nothing new. Nice week predicted ahead. My snow is almost gone. This is getting exciting. (I hope it is not a tease). Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I keep waiting for the shoe to drop 😺

      Delete
  9. Never heard of it. Ben Vereen - haven't read that name in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure if I've seen this 😁. Thanks for the recommendation and I hope you had a lovely weekend! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know this one …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's free on YouTube if you like musicals and want to check it out.

      Delete
  12. Hmm, I have never heard of this one???

    ReplyDelete