Thursday, July 23, 2020

Gamer Gift Box and Card



The Young One celebrated her birthday this week.She's a Gamer so when I saw the die shaped box on the Canvas Workspace I knew that would be perfect for her with the dots in her favorite color, red.

I thought a card shaped like a gamer controller would be perfect, and I found a free cut file. It wasn't in the correct file format for the Scan n Cut. What to do?

Fortunately, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer, a paid spokesperson for the Brother Scan n Cut machine, had a tutorial on how to convert  images to the correct  file type  the Scan n Cut uses.


The card needed an inside and a sentiment. So I duplicated the shape and cut out the text Happy Level. The 28 were number stickers I had in my stash and fortunately the Young One's favorite color. 

The Young One was almost as pleased with the gift box and card as she was with the gift. A little thing, but it made me happy, too, after going through the effort.



19 comments:

  1. It's lovely to make a gift that is really perfect for the recipient, well done! Have a lovely day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy there were things for gamers in the Ether.

      Delete
  2. OOhh Happy birthday to your Young One CJ !! This is a fantastique present, and an unique and special card !!
    Just Amazing !
    I wish you a very nice summer, stay safe and
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presentation is the best part of a gift.....IMHO. Unfortunately most people don't agree. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, The Young One is an artist, too, so she gets it.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday to your Young One.
    Fabulous gift for her.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a great mom and put so much thought into your cards.
    Happy BDay to the young one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are really cool !!! I can appreciate from the art side as well as the gamer side { I still have my gameboy in some drawer along with the cartridges ;) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Young One has her Gameboy and cartidges, too

      Delete
  7. These are really cool! I bet your daughter loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you are game - no pun intended...for all kinds of crafty things to try.that turned out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! I see why it made such a big hit!

    ReplyDelete