Thursday, July 9, 2020

So You Want to Be An Artist or Work From Home?



Well, you're in luck. My friend and former WAM colleague, Andy Fish, is posting a series of articles on the subject. Andy and his wife, Veronica, are successful artists, and Andy is wicked smaht as we say in Boston. He's my E.F. Hutton

Even if you don't want to be an artist or work from home, Andy has some great tips for organizing and time management. He began the series this past week.



Bookmark his blog so you can follow the series: https://andytfish.com/blog Andy's blog is listed on my blog roll, but for some reason Blogger doesn't update it.

If you need to Google Andy, be sure to look for Andy T Fish. Like Andy Tiberius Fish. That is his real name except his middle name isn't Tiberius. Just Andy T Fish

Anyway be sure to follow his series as you'll pick up some good ideas. Don't just stop at these articles. Andy is a Comic Book artist, among other things, so knows all about the history and art of comic books. Plus tons of other topics like movies, Photoshop, marketing...

23 comments:

  1. Sanity? What's THAT? Hahahahahahahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What you don't need to be organized. 😉😺

      Delete
  2. Sounds good, but as I'm not sane I don't think I qualify....Have a fun day! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think his methods work for the not sane? 😺

      Delete
  3. CJ! What nice things to say-- I hope some folks can get something out of the nonsense I write.
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If nothing else, you're writing is entertaining 😉

      Delete
  4. Me han gustado mucho tus trabajos, enhorabuena. Tienes un nuevo seguidor desde España.
    http://faunacompacta.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will book mark this link, I had intentions of going to art school after HS; was my major, one learns quickly what's considered "talent" !!!

    and comic's have always been a fave; I still have a great number of them I read as a kid, faded and torn with some pages missing in some of them, a few in a plastic sleeve....not worth much I guess... but !!!!

    my uncle HAD the superman comic books; the operative word being HAD....short story of a long tale; my grandmother stated; what the hell did we just do ~~~~~~ ☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll 💙 Andy as he's in with the DC world having done Batman.

      Himself is a comic fan (Marvel) and had the first issue of... I forget what series. As a kid his family had Fairs to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy. His mother sold the comic for 5 cents. It's now worth a lot of money! 😱

      Delete
  6. I love that illustration lol

    It's good of him to offer this, especially now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure many will find this helpful :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like this will be a helpful series of reads.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you he is in my blog list now--love your new background too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found his blog doesn’t update in the Blogger blog roll. So I just visit Andy at andytfish.com

      Delete
  10. I read his words of advice, and other than getting dressed every day, I try to do some of the same things. I'm not much for following a schedule, because inspiration doesn't always arrive at the same time each day. However, I DO make something or work in my craft room each day, even if it means just sewing an ICAD. His ideas are good, and I have always treated my art like I do my consulting, which I've all but abandoned since I discovered mixed media. Thanks for pointing us in his direction.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha i am the Queen of Procrastinato - heck i raised four punks and also could put the baby on my knee and type on a selectric, while listening through headphones to doctors not enunciate their words all the while and inbetween jumping up to vacuum and throw a load of laundry in and spank a butt here and there. ahh yes, when i had time I could procrastinate the heck out of getting back to the typewriter at night around 10 o'clock when I needed to finish my reports. I will check him out though - it sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sound interesting! Thanks. I've bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete