Monday, July 6, 2020

Happy Mail



Another package from Tiggy in Scotland. The Lad (my nickname for her husband) wrapped and secured the parcel as if he was sending the Crown jewels.


Something wrapped in pretty floral paper with a card attached


A hand-sewn, fabric roll of pretty kitties



tied with a linen ribbon bit birds and trees


It's a tool roll with spaces to hold brushes, pens, and pencils. Tiggy said the "brushes are pretty rubbish really there to make sure the pen roll stays in shape."


A close-up of the fabric. Tiggy said she "wanted to make something which was connect with Inky." And look there's Ink on the right side.

Tiggy told me "btw wee story... there is a tiny fabric shop in town but  legally it is closed just now. But I emailed the owner(who I know through work in the past) and explained my dilemma that needed some kitty fabric (emergency) So she cut me some and one day The Lad drove me around in the car and she (shush ...illegally) handed it to me through a cracked open door. I felt like I was in Breaking Bad"

So now I'm the proud owner of beautifully made illegal contraband.


Also included is a pencil that the Lad brought her from Spain while he was there on business and hand-marlbed pen holder from England. Almost too nice to use


Her note card has a picture of The Whale from The Ashmole Bestiary (c. 1210) from the Bodleian Library, Oxford

Thank you so much, Tiggy. You spoil me, and I hope we get to share a prison cell together. 😺

25 comments:

  1. She DOES spoil you! What a lovely gift! Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to use it in class when classes resume

      Delete
  2. Very awesome happy mail! Love everything, very thoughtful and loved the story to get the fabric-Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous present, and with the added excitement of being a bit illegal - fantastic. Enjoy! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What treats! with one of the best treats being the story behind it. The pen holder is amazing, and the tool roll looks like it'll come in handy. Thoughtful gifts all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tool holder will be so useful for classes if and when they start up again

      Delete
  5. What great gifts to receive in the mail. And I chuckled at the illegal contraband part of the story.

    As an aside, the closest I'll probably ever get, to going to Scotland, is to visit the town in CT presumably named after the country. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As close as I'll get to Scotland is seeing pictures of Tiggy, her house, and wee hoosie (studio)

      Delete
  6. What a great surprise and awesome pressie !! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is nice happy mail - and so creative. I hope you two can share a cell if you want some day, lol

    anyway,I saw this website and thought of you and not sure y ou will find it interesting but here it is.

    https://www.letterheady.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. She does spoil you, doesn't she? Lucky you for her to be able to get that fabric. That is a great brush roll. Hope it was a super Monday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY, VERY COOL GIFTS! Funny you joked about the show, "Breaking Bad" because my husband and I were so hooked on it (no pun intended)! Anyhow, I myself wouldn't mind a visitor dropping off ANY package for me who looked liked Jessie (Aaron Paul) ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for happy mail! Beauty- and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous happy mail … just lovely.

    Hope your week is going well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful and how purrfect.

    ReplyDelete