Saturday, July 25, 2020

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


The Spirit of St. Louis (1957) James Stewart

If you haven't seen this movie, it looks like it's available for free on YouTube.

19 comments:

  1. Tada! I actually saw this film many, many moons ago! Have a wonderful Saturday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh enjoy your cinema sessions CJ !! That´s interesting. I also like to see good movies, let´s see which movie will chose my son this night :)
    Have a great day and weekend, big hugss
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this one. I am curious about it though. I wonder if in 1957 Lindbergh was still such a hero. Being a Nazi sympathizer before (maybe during) the war and I am guessing no one knew he had another "wife" and family in Europe, maybe Germany. But I digress. I would like to check this out as I like Jimmy Stewart as an actor a lot. Stay cool. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The film just focuses on the achievement of his Atlantic solo flight.

      Delete
  4. I don't think I've seen this one. I usually enjoy his movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don’t make ‘em like Stewart anymore

      Delete
  5. I can truthfully say I've HEARD of this one. YEA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I've seen this; but I usually enjoy James Stewart films.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of but never seen this one. It gets good reviews.

    ReplyDelete