Thursday, August 13, 2020

Happy Mail


Happy mail from Nan. Nan and I took an online lettering class based on Ben Shahn's lettering. Ben Shahn was an American lettering artist and painter. His work focused on social realism.

The lettering class was fun. The letters are wonky and forgiving.  In the lettering class, the instructor, Carol DuBosch used a folded pen to create the Shahn letters with colored inks.

The letters can also be outlined and drawn as Nan has done. She coordinated her lettering to match the Celebrate stamp and she included a fun hand made card.

Just like Nan's card "I hope your day is full of sunshine and rainbows", too.


14 comments:

  1. What a nice surprise to find in your mail! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to put the class to good use with my bestie mentorπŸ˜‚πŸ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would that be? 😺 And thanks for thinking of me. You made my day

      Delete
  3. Love the card and envelope.
    Folding pen, hey? I'm not familiar with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its’s a different tool that allows for expressive strokes https://www.paperinkarts.com/hafl07.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card. I do like that lettering. It looks so different from the medieval letter you often do. And it also looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way the card echoes the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely to received happy mail from Nan! I always love her envelopes, they are a work of art in itself and that card is stunning 😊. Enjoy! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this style. Quite different from what I usually see.

    ReplyDelete