Monday, August 3, 2020

Hornet Nests



We had two hornets nests. One under the eaves of the sun room


And the other on the side of the house underneath the shakes. The nests need to be removed. I'm allergic to wasp stings and Himself doesn't move as fast as he used to.

Who ya gonna call? Chad from the Charlton Bee Company The Charlton Bee Company also has a Facebook page.

Chad came highly recommended from my town's Facebook page. He returned my call right away. With photos of the nests, he gave me a quote, and was even able to provide service for us the same day.



Chad didn't use any nasty, toxic chemicals. He donned his bee armor and crushed the nests with his gloved hands. 

Here's a picture of me taking a picture of Chad, ready to do battle, taking a picture of the nest under the eaves.


This is the Queen which Chad dispatched. He said without the queen workers returning home wouldn't be able to rebuild the nest in the same location. They would fly off and become members of another nest.


Chad took this picture to show the difference in size between the queen (on the left) and the the others in the nest.

If you live in Central Massachusetts and need bees, wasps, or hornets removed, give Chad a call. Oh, and visit his website to see video of Chad and his partner, Scott, at work relocating swarms of bees. 


16 comments:

  1. Okay, if I ever have a hornet problem, I'll call Chad! Well done to him for his great way of getting rid of it. I'm glad I don't have a nest like that on my balcony! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you don't have these hornets, too. The white-faced hornets are just mean and nasty

      Delete
  2. there is always a niche for any type of labor-glad you found someone to rid you of these wasps

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we need a Chad. We gets hornets all the time. Glad you had the problem taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get them also, all the time! I'm allergic too. Glad Chad dispatched yours so efficiently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, haven't had to deal with that before. Chad sounds like he definitely got the job done Queen Bee is very big... But then us Queens can be if we don't watch what we eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Chad!
    So pleased he sorted the problem for you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for Chad. I know that they don't ever build their nests in the same spot the next year, but I didn't know if the workers lose their queen, they join another hive. What an interesting post and a job well done.

    I checked my mail a few minutes ago and I definitely have HAPPY mail. Looks like about 12 lbs worth! I;ll open it after I visit the rest of the T gang tonight and I'll share next Tuesday at T time. I think it's a day earlier than you expected. Thanks in advance, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I've never heard of destroying a nest like that. It's nice to get a recommendation and then have the praise you heard borne out in practice. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete