Thursday, January 21, 2021

Quick and Simple A2 Envelope Template

 On Tuesday, I showed the We R Memory Maker's Envelope Punch Board for making envelopes. Suppose you don't have the punch board or don't want to buy the punch board, but need an envelope to fit an A2 card (4.25 in. x 5.5 in.) what do you do?

I was watching some craft videos and came across this quick method. Many of you probably know this method already, but I'm a day late and a dollar short.


From using the punch board, I remembered that I would need to cut an 8 .5 in. x 11 in. sheet of paper to 8 1/8 inch. square and placed on my table so it formed a diamond.


The left point and the right point are folded to the middle just until the points touch.


The bottom point is folded up just a little past where the left and right points meet. If the bottom point was folded up just to where it meets the other points, there would be a gap.



A little glue stick or double stick tape to hold the envelope together and now it's ready for your card or the check you need to send to the heating oil company within 7 days so you don't lose the discount.

21 comments:

  1. Awesome. My envelope stash is low. I can use this!😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t this great? Blew my mind at how simple it was

      Delete
  2. I don't know - you make it look easy but I probably could screw that up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks CJ! This is great! You made me laugh about the heating oil company! LOL! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! You made it look so easy πŸ˜€. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember these from when the kids were little. So often the perfect size :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure how I missed this, or how I got so far behind, but this is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone was clever to think of this. I only copied

      Delete