Sunday, January 24, 2021

How Does Your Garden Grow

 
I didn't take many pictures this week




A nuthatch visited the bird feeder


We had depressing snow showers and flurries all week.


Another cold day in a string of endless, Winter days


Look! Bernie showed up in my yard!

If you don't understand the reference, Senator Bernie Sanders from Vermont attended President Biden's inauguration bundled up for the cold as any sensible person from New England would dress. I would have also brought a blanket with me. Bernie's mittens became an Internet sensation, and Bernie has been cropping up in memes all over the place. 

Senator Sanders was such a good sport. He had his picture put on tee shirts for sale. The shirts sold out in record time. Senator Sanders donated all the money from the sales to Meals on Wheels Vermont.


Bernie will be needing his mittens all week as New England is headed into a deep freeze.

How does your garden grow?



17 comments:

  1. I love everything about this! 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a great senator! We had more snow here, too, it's cold and wintry! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully cold and winter will be on the way out, soon!

      Delete
  3. I was so happy when I read that Bernie had those tees made up. Within 45 minutes they were gone like hotcakes. He is such a good sport because he has a very keen sense of humor. I'm glad he showed up (in his warm mittens) in your garden today, too. I hope you offered him a cup of tea to warm him (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I didn't have any coffee in the house, Bernie decided to run to Dunkin' down the road apiece.

      Delete
  4. Oh i had to laugh at Bernie in your yard. He seems to have been everywhere lately. But lucky you he picked your yard-wink. All I can say is what a true New Englander he is. How can you not love the fact that he sold out the sweatshirts for charity. Hope you stayed warm. That wind this weekend was brutal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like we're in for a deep freeze this week. Rather than bundling up with mittens, I think I'll take the blanket burrito path this week. Stay warm!

      Delete
  5. That Bernie! He gets around! lol

    I've seen a nuthatch here but only once. A high of over 70 is predicted here today. I have opened up the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're in for cold and snow this week. I'm coming over to your house to play

      Delete
    2. Sunny today with a high in the 60s. Come on down! lol Of course they're predicting snow for Wednesday, but I don't believe them.

      Delete
  6. "I didn't take many pictures this week" LOL!
    I love where you put Bernie! LOL!
    Great post CJ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to tell you, tomorrow, we are suppose to get a snow storm! I wonder how bad it will be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, too. They upped our totals from a coating to an inch to 2 - 4 in. Is it July, yet?

      Delete
  8. Many areas of the UK had snow, our youngest Grandson was over the moon as it meant he could build a snowman :)

    But, the past few days have been quite damp and grey again.
    Roll on Spring.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the kids can enjoy the snow, but I'd rathe roll on Summer.

      Delete