Saturday, January 2, 2021

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

 This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order my favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.


 The War of the Words (1953) Gene Barry, Ann Robinson
 Sir Cedric Hardwicke as the narrator

If you haven't seen this movie, it's available to rent on YouTube.


14 comments:

  1. I know the story but not this version. I recently rewatched the Tom Cruise version. I might be weird but Tom Cruise is not a favorite actor of mine (although he is good at it), and I can't say that is one is a favorite film. Hope you have all rain today. Ours is a mix, but not much accumulating-big smile for that. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care for Tom Cruise and I don't like his version of the film. Seems to be rain after a dusting of snow Fri. night.

      Delete
  2. I remember watching this as a kid! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the best! Happy National #ScienceFictionDay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a qwinky-dink that I picked a sci-fi film for today!

      Delete
  4. Another one I missed! Have a great weekend! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know of it, but haven't watched it!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this the one Orson Wells made popular on the radio? And, no, I wasn't around when that radio show was aired (grin).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual story is by H.G. Wells and yes, Orson Wells based his radio show on the novel. My dad listed to the radio program in 1938. This movie is based on the novel as well.

      Delete