Thursday, January 28, 2021

Cards

 

A Thinking of You card for my friend who is in charge of Infection Control at Stanford University Hospital in California. California is one of the Covid hot spots in the country. A text  a while ago to ask how she was came back with Tired. Long hours. 

The card gave me a chance to use the envelope punch board to make a coordinating envelope for the card which went well with last year's Year of the Rat stamp.  I also used some of the new Washi tape. The sentiment on the front of the card was written in faux calligraphy and the envelope addressed in my every day handwriting with decorations inspired by the stamp.


A proper Thank You card to Robin from Pink House Studios for sending me a milk frother. It's getting quite a workout and comes in handy to beat mug eggs or ingredients for mug muffins besides frothing milk.

Robin lives in Florida so the flamingo is probably trite, but I couldn't resist when I found the cut file from a project on the Brother Scan n Cut Canvas site. Dressing it in hat and mittens just cracked me up. The sentiment and address on the card is done in lettering inspired by Ben Shahn. The Ellsworth Kelly stamp made a handsome addition as did the wrap-around Ink address labels.

24 comments:

  1. You made some beauties there, love them all. Glad you are enjoying your milk frother, one of my fave items! Have a wonderful day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes wonder how I could have lived all these years without a milk frother. 😺

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card! Thank your friend for serving in the fight against Covid-19.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's trite at all! Or maybe that's what makes it so funny??? Either way it's an AWESOME card and I thank you for the thank you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY pretty and thoughtful card for your friend! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always great to give someone a joy, you sure did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards. Great friends.
    Love that flamingo;)
    Take special care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly beautiful cards CJ! I hope your friend who works at the hospital is ok! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful CJ. I love the mittens on the flamingoes feet. That is really cute! Stay warm. It sounds like it is time to hibernate even more than we have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, sounds like Winter is really arriving between the cold this weekend and the storm for Mon.

      Delete
  9. what a nice card! Yes California is in the hot spot. i had Covid (no test) back starting one day after Valentine's day in 2020... i had what so many of us here in the mountains had and we thought it was a bad flu. I was down for 8 days, lost my taste and smell. Thankfully I'm a meditator so deep breathing cleared any problems out. There wasn't even mention of Covid in the middle of February .We all called it the Crestline Crud. Our numbers here in our area are very low and have been all along once people were getting tested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, so glad you recovered and with no lasting health effects.

      Delete
  10. Nice cards.
    Pleased you are enjoying your milk frother :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete