Saturday, January 9, 2021

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order my favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.


Westworld (1973) Yul Brynner, James Brolin

If you haven't seen this movie, you can find it for rent on YouTube.


30 comments:

  1. I like this one film too. And I know it. I think because Yul Brenner is so memorable. He had that unique voice and of course the bald head didn't hurt. Nice Saturday pick! What will you do when you finish your list? You are getting close being in the W's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The producers capitalized on Brynner's popularity as Chris from Magnificent Seven. The Gunslinger is that character gone rogue.

      I've been wondering what I'm going to do to fill Saturdays.

      Delete
  2. I didn't particularly like this movie but I'll shamefully admit to getting sucked into the HBO series based on it.....lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the HBO series. Not sure anyone can do the Gunslinger except Brynner

      Delete
    2. I'm a huge fan of the HBO WW reboot. It takes the story places you would never have imagined.

      Delete
    3. Hmm, lots of recommendations. I guess I should go take a look

      Delete
  3. I remember when that came out. I think I've only seen it once since then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another film I never saw. But I have been watching some good not to films on my tablet each evening! Happy weekend! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I think it is hbo where there is a series called "Westworld". I saw a few episodes at my son's house a few years back It looks like it is based on this movie (or book)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the series, but like I said, no one can do the Gunslinger better than Brynner imnsho 😺

      Delete
  6. Yul Brynner was quite the actor wasn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! I really LOVED this movie!! GOOD ONE alrigt!!! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly, another film I've never seen or heard of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would like this one. Definitely not a chick flick

      Delete
  9. LOL, Ingo just sneaked in here, saw your blog and weeee....we watched the trailer in full mode and now he´s about to try getting it on amazon :-)
    Cool, I wanna see it, too!
    Thank you! Always so difficult to make him watch a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We saw the trailer, the movie arrives hopefully on Wednesday (but with "Corinna" you never know).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this movie a long time ago, and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always liked Yul Brunner, but I'm not sure that I've seen this film!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete