Saturday, January 23, 2021

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order my favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.


The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming (1966) Alan Arkin, Carl Reiner

If you haven't seen this movie, you might be able to find the movie free on YouTube.

15 comments:

  1. Yet another film that passed me by! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen it, but I want to! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've seen it, but I have heard of the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to know there is a comedy on this. And I mean it. My maternal part of the family had to flee "the Russians" in WWII and my Mum´s Father had a hard time being imprisoned "by them" - one of my teamleaders grew up in GDR and sang the Russian alphabet to me, told me about his beautiful holidays there, I do hope one day we can be one people and just laugh together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the film was made at the height of the Cold War, it was a humorous attempt to diffuse the situtation.

      Delete
  5. I'm like Erika. I've heard of it, but couldn't tell you a thing about it. From what others have said, I take it it's a comedy, not a dramatic or historical film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll expand on my comment to Iris. Since the film was made at the height of the Cold War, it was an attempt to diffuse the situation. To show we had more in common with each other especially when we work towards a common goal.

      Delete