Tuesday, September 28, 2021

T Stands for Play Day, All Day

 One day last week, I ran away from home to my friend, Teague's house. Next to Himself, Teague is my oldest friend, and the one who got me addicted  interested in genealogy. The last time I saw her was in early July. At one time when my girlies were small, Teague came over once a week. Now we're lucky if we see each other every few months or because of the pandemic in a year.

Anyway, we spent the morning catching up and then decided to head out to lunch. There were intermittent showers, but it wasn't a washout of a day. The sun came out so we decided we'd go to the local Dairy Queen and have lunch. If it started to rain we'd do a buy and fly, but


it actually was nice so we could sit outside at the picnic tables and have our lunch. 


Just as we were finishing up, it got very windy and the umbrella at our table blew away.  I put a chair on it so it wouldn't blow further away. We went in to order some ice cream to take home, and I told one of the staff about the umbrella.


No patrons were in the restaurant so you wonder how an order could be mixed up. Teague ordered a mini cookie dough Blizzard (soft service ice cream with bits of cookie dough in it) and a small cookie dough Blizzard for her husband. I ordered a mini Heath bar (toffee bits) Blizzard. When we got back to the house, there were 3 mini Blizzards. 2 were cookie dough and the other was M & M candies.  Hmmm. Well, M&Ms  and Heath bars are both candies so it was all good.


For the afternoon, I had brought my laptop so we set up in Teague's sunroom and played genealogy. Last week, I had mentioned finding cousins. Teague has a subscription to Newspapers.com so was looking up obituaries so we could find where everyone was buried so we can plan a road trip to go cemetery sighting. 

A few years ago, we were trying to come up with a cool name for going to the cemetery. Cemetery hop, sounded frivolous and maybe disrespectful. Head Stoners, fun, but maybe not. So Cemetery Sighting or Siting.

Teague's husband left to go to a meeting and we were deep down the rabbit hole of genealogy. Late in the afternoon, I had a cup of tea, and Teague also had some delicious apple turnovers. It was well past supper time when I noticed the clock and how late it was. So we shut down for another day.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

44 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day out with Teague, glad you both had fun and didn't starve! I'm having a play day today in my arty kitchen! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a fan of DQ blizzards. Butterfinger!!! What a fun day.
    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun day with your friend, delicious food too and ice cream. Time always flies when you are having fun
    Happy T Day
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We barely got back from lunch and it was past suppertime!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like an awesome day with your best friend.
    When my Mom was still with us she did allot of genealogy on both her parents-her family went back to Germany. My father's which my brother had researched went back to England. My Mom would go with my brother to go look for the graves of our ancestors-they had allot of fun together doing that and did rubbings when they could
    Your meal looks good too Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to tag along with them. Grave rubbing is not allowed in a lot of places now. I'm so thankful to have a camera in my phone

      Delete
    2. It's because some of the old stones are fragile and worn. Rubbing over them would just cause more wear and tear.

      Delete
  5. HEAD STONERS! You sooooo should have used that one! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we will. Should probably have a tee shirt made up

      Delete
  6. It is odd how the simplest orders sometimes get mixed up. We sometimes check ours before we leave, but it's when we don't that the orders are wrong lol Such is life, as we say.

    The turnover looks delicious, and I'm not able to remember my last turnover... Must mean it's time :)

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad they didn't use Reese's pieces. I'm not a fan of peanut butter and chocolate.

      Delete
  7. How lovely to meet up with your dear friend again and Dairy Queen is one of my favourite places as it sells Chocolate Malted shakes - yum 😀. Your meal look delish and genealogy is always so interesting too! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look for that the next time we go to DQ

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a fun outing. I would've been a little disappointed not getting the mini Heath bar bits, but M&M's are good, too. (Trader Joe's has a good toffee bar type thing in a small container. And their coffee ice cream is fantastic. I might have to get both and make my own "blizzards". :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making your own blizzard would be fun. I'll have to look into that.

      Delete
  9. It sounds like you had a really fun day visiting with Teague. I haven't eaten at a Dairy Queen in years as there are none right by me, but that blizzard sounds good. Glad you had a fun day out, and I hope your T day is great also! hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The closest one to me is where Teague lives, 5 towns away

      Delete
  10. We used to have 3 DQs in Wichita. Now I think there is only one. I am SO hungry right now, even that burger looks good! And I love Blizzards, too. I also try to check before I leave a restaurant, especially if I have special ordered (like NO MAYO). I also want a turnover. Gosh, I really am hungry.

    Thanks for sharing your time with Teague, your tea, your Blizzards, and your genealogy book with us for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone makes me so hungry on T Day, especially for cakes and cookies!

      Delete
  11. It sounds like a wonderful day spent with you friend. Those are really good days in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Genealogies and DQ. Sounds like a well spent day.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you've got such a good buddy and have so much fun:) Wondrous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made me think. I first met Teague in 9th grade (jr high in my town) honors English class where I was the new kid. that was 51 years ago!

      Delete
  14. I love to visit Cemeteries - so glad to see that you do as well. Fun name you came up with. My hubby goes with me and sits in the car. I know he thinks I am slightly off but he goes anyway. We visited an old cemetery in Mobile this weekend. There was a story of an old oak tree growing out of grave that I wanted to see - I will post it next Tuesday.

    So glad you got to have a fun time with your friend - Covid makes us cherish those moments more.

    The blizzards look and sound wonderful!

    Happy T-day, CJ. Late but heartfelt nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved visiting cemeteries mostly to look at the carvings on the headstone especially those done by hand.

      Never any need for an apology. I'm just glad you decided to stop by.

      Delete
  15. It’s great to have a bestie from way back. I also have such a friend. We know each other since 1971. Difference is we live thousands of miles apart. But this year (actually next month) she is coming to stay for a few days on her way back from a bridge tournament in Portugal.
    Yes, those plates of sliced ham on my blogpost are works of art. But the building is not a restaurant. It is the ‘factory’ where the hams are dried.
    Happy belated T-Day,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In our mid to late 20s, Teague moved to California close to 3,000 miles away. I managed to make a couple of visits there. Enjoy your visit with your Bestie.

      Delete
  16. Sounds like a great day, not heard of a blizzard before except for weather related lol. Sorry for my lateness, have a sick kitty. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. We call it cemetery surfing. When my cousin comes to town he knows where all our family stones are in the dozen or so different cemeteries across the city. Once on a ship I met people who went to cemeteries and took photos for find a grave website. I had never heard of that before. I am not big in geology, but like it when my family shares. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cemetery surfing. That's fun, too! Find A Grave is a huge resource for people. If you're looking for relatives, you can sometimes find them on the site. You can upload photos of graves and locations of strangers.

      Delete
  18. LOL!! What is it with red umbrellas blowing away?!
    Ingo and I were sitting on the balcony when all of a sudden our red brolly took off in a gush of wind - three floors high the darn thing went!
    It´s of good quality and now we always fix it safely. Three floors!!
    You made me so laugh.

    Oh, boy, how can they mix up an order like that?!

    To be frank.. I like "Cemetery hop".
    I mean. Don´t we kinda also "celebrate" these people mostly had a fun life (hopefully) and we were (maybe) a part of it?
    When you enter our condo you will have to hop - we have a Hopscotch (carpet) in the entrance.

    Happy VERY LATE T-Day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe red umbrellas need to explore Good point about the Cemetery Hop. I love the idea of your Hopscotch carpet.

      Delete
  19. Glad you had a good time. I don't eat fast food and our DQ burned down a month ago.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great day. Time with a friend and yummy food too. I love a good wander round a cemetery. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to do something you like with a good friend. Food out is a bonus

      Delete