Saturday, April 30, 2022

Fun Facts About The Commonwealth of Massachusetts



 Official State Artist: Norman Rockwell

Norman Rockwell painting himself at the Wax Museum at Fishermen's Wharf in San Francisco, California; photo by Mary Harrsch on Flickr (noncommercial use permitted with attribution / share alike).

Norman Rockwell (1894 - 1978) was an author, artist, and illustrator best know for his cover illustrations on The Saturday Evening Post magazine. He was designated the official state artist in 2008.

The Norman Rockwell Museum is located in Stockbridge, Massachusetts

11 comments:

  1. I want to visit that museum - it's on my bucket list. Was he born in MA I wonder? We do have Dr. Seuss... plus many others. I say we as a native of the state although you know I jumped ship. But not very far. Have a great last day of April. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was born in New York. Lived in Vermont and in the 1950s moved to Stockbridge, Massachusetts. The museum is on my bucket list, too.

      Delete
  2. I have two calendars of Rockwell's most famous works. He was certainly prolific. Nice honor, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always admired Rockwell's work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love hearing the stories behind his work.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE Norman Rockwell! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always thinks of the BeeGees when I read the name Masschusetts. That is a really cool photo of the portrait. And then of course San Francisco enters into the "picture" so to speak. When "he" tried to hitch a ride to San francisco. Anyway - happy Saturday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother liked his work and had a book of some of his paintings.

    ReplyDelete