Thursday, August 8, 2024

A Wee Collection of Bits and Pieces



My dear friend, Tiggy from Scotland, had told me to watch the mail a few weeks ago, but nothing from Scotland. Not until I returned home from Ogunquit.

In a note Tiggy wrote, " This is a wee collection of bits and pieces I thought you might have fun using in a journal or collaging with. I do love doing that as a guilt free pastime."

So many wonderful things. The black envelope (upper right with the pink floral sticker) has an elephant on it), a postcard of a Scottish kuh (cow), a coloring page, stickers, some words and phrases that can are peel and stick.


A notecard with Aberdeenshire's Historic Kirkyards. That would be a fun bimble (outing) to stop and visit the graves.



More goodies included a drawing by Tiggy with a note saying it's waiting for colored pencils, a sweet, tiny envelope (template), stamps, and a card Tiggy printed on her Letterpress:

GOOD FRIENDS
are like stars
you don't always
see them
but you know they are
ALWAYS THERE

Dearest Tiggy, our friendship is going on close to 30 years. Even though we have never met in person, I know you are always there. A trip to visit you and The Lad and to play in the wee hoosie is on my bucket list. 


18 comments:

  1. Bless you ma wee quinie glad it arrived , at last! Google notified me about this post, so AI is good sometimes . 🙂 Lots of love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got the message. I left a private message at Insta, too.

      Delete
  2. That is a very cool package of fun little bits and pieces. That is the best kind of mail. And I hope you get to cross that visit off your bucket list too. It would be great to meet you friend. Enjoy this last day before the rain tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't sound like we were getting the brunt of the storm. The track looked like it would be NY state, and Vermont. We were only going to get a half inch of rain. Stay dry

      Delete
  3. That was a lovely gift to receive on returning home. Such lovely goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pile of random ephemera to play with! Aren't you lucky! Have fun and show us what you do with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely selection of bits and bobs - have fun playing with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoughtful treat! You'll have great fun👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having fun just sifting through the contents

      Delete
  7. Such a wonderful post!!! Hope you get to meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet gift! I have some besties I've never met too. I hope you get to meet yours soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I missed this post. What great ephemera to play with. Such a thoughtful gift. I hope you share what you do with all this. And I hope you get to meet in person some day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the get to meet, from your fingers to Gawd's eyes

      Delete