Thursday, August 1, 2024

T Day Anniversary Postcard from Lisca



Lisca from Spain and I were swap partners to celebrate the 11th anniversary of T Day. Lisca's delightful postcard arrived on July 29.  Her postcard is dated July 20, 2024 and only took 9 days to arrive.

The note on her postcard reads: So this is the unfortunate card that got wet when my water bottle leaked in my bad. It's the coastline not far from here. (I live 1 1/2 hr. drive inland) It's a natural park so no development allowed. Great for walking (there are two car parks.) I used to go there often with my late husband. Happy T Day anniversary


I tried to find out a little bit about the stamp, but didn't have much luck. Correos is the Postal Service of Spain. The stamps shows some travelers. Perhaps, Lisca can tell us a little more about the stamp.

I haven't heard from Lisca so I don't know if the postcard and items I sent to her arrived, yet. Joe at the Bellingham post office where I mailed the package said it would take about 3 weeks to get to Spain. It's probably been about 3 weeks. 

If Lisca hasn't received the items I sent, I don't want to spoil her surprise.


12 comments:

  1. Happy August CJ! I hope you're having fun in Ogunquit! And nice postcard for the T day swap too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A beach postcard while I’m at the beach. Perfect - CJ

      Delete
  2. Some countries take longer than you'd expect. I'm always amazed at how long it takes to get things to Canada!!!! 😲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason. - CJ

      Delete
  3. Happy 11th Anniversary of T Day! What a lovely card your friend sent to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Fun" story about the card and I love how our community connects in real life,too!
    Is that a new background on your blog or am I slow? Either way, I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I change my blog background for the first of each month. A little earlier this week as I was away and things don't always work right on the iPad I take with me

      Delete