Sunday, August 18, 2024

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Morning Glory growing wild and climbed right over the Zinnia


Wild things growing in the greenhouse. Pokeweed on the left and Jewelweed in back.


Pokeweed.


Calendula or field marigolds


Another watermelon! 


Cosmos


A hornet loves the Goldenrod


I thought this was a crumpled, brown, paper bag. It's a giant fungi


The garden looking tired and run down


The Nasturtiums are still going strong


A couple of grasshoppers


Someone better get out and harvest all the cherry tomatoes


Cucumbers as big as watermelons!


Zucchini? Some sort of squash didn't do well. Maybe the grasshoppers are to blame.

How does your garden grow?


13 comments:

  1. Everything's becoming a bit too much now, blowsy in fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a lot of heat and humidity this Summer. A bit unusual for this area, and I think it's taken a toll on the gardens.

      Delete
  2. Nice. I've never known anyone to plant watermelons before. I'm finally getting tomatoes too-all of them at once-of course. :) And why do you have those wild plants growing in your greenhouse? I'm assuming there's a reason. Stay dry. It's wet in my neck of the woods this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things growing in the greenhouse just found their way in. Himself didn’t bother pulling them

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yea, no cute little red toadstools. Just a giant thing - CJ

      Delete
  4. LOVE the fungi! My SunFlowers are looking a little like me .. hot, tired, a little crispy around the edges and ready for Summer to be over... blech... bring me a cool , lingering breeze... please... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter will be here soon enough. Don’t rush my season - CJ

      Delete
  5. Your garden may be looking tired, but it’s still full of life and surprises! From the wildflowers to those giant cucumbers, it's clear nature is thriving in its own way. Wishing you a beautiful week ahead! Check out my new style post: https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/08/uoozee-church-outfit-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nature will out as the saying goes - CJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of good garden pics and visiting critters lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. The heat has done real damage here. I'm not sure my redbud tree will make it :(

    ReplyDelete