Friday, August 23, 2024

The Friday Five Good Things


 Five good things that happened this week.

1. We had a Skype date with the Young One.

2. In a box of art stuff in the basement, I found the Gelli Printing Plate

3.We celebrated our 39th wedding anniversary. We thought about taking a riverboat trip around Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg (Webster Lake). Rain was predicted.  I had to pick up a prescription so on the way home I stopped at the grocery story and picked up an eye roast, sweet potatoes, crescent rolls, and an ice cream cake. We stayed home, avoided the rain, hung out in the sunroom and watched old movies. I made a nice dinner, and we were content.

4.  Some new toys arrived

5. I gave the kitchen a makeover.

How was your week?

11 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!
    Does anyone ever call the Webster Lake by its very long name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think only tourists 😸I did hear from someone who lived in the town that a long time ago, in order to graduate, students had to be able to pronounce the Native American lake name.

      Delete
  2. I made a pot roast this week because this weather has me really thinking about fall. I think you had a great week, and new toys? Kitchen makeover? I hope you share CJ. Have a great Friday. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Busy week! Staying home is best! Congratulations on 39 years! (But you are babies.....talk to me when you hit 50! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 50? You must have been a child-bride

      Delete
    2. .....or am I old as the hills????? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

      Delete
  4. Your anniversary celebration sounds like a delight to me :)

    Kitchen makeover? New toys? Curious minds want to know :)

    ReplyDelete