Monday, June 8, 2020

Happy Mail



All the way from Scotland, Tiggy (nicknamed after Beatrix Potter's Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle because of her love of hedgehogs and not for her fondness for doing laundry.) sent me a package.


Inside a pile of goodies with a note to use them in collage or random journaling.


A card. I asked Tiggy if she printed the card herself and she said: Yes I did on my printing press in my wee hoosie. (studio or little house). Inside is the translation from Bristolian: Your gift was wonderful, lovely person. Though Tiggy now lives in Scotland, she was born in Bristol, England. Click the link if you would like to see more of Tiggy's art (calligraphy, painting, letterpress printing, book binding, suminigashi marbling)



A little bee pin and tiny, wooden, initial buttons, a cat and a jaguar



For Iris, a ticket book of Henry (lion) as an architectural corbel



Instant relatives!


Tiggy loves to draw buildings so she sent me one of her drawings matted and ready to frame



Fun postcards


Classic Doctor Who art featuring the Fourth Doctor (top left and bottom right) and the Third Doctor  (upper right) by comic artist, Frank Bellamy


World War II graphics also by Frank Bellamy




Comic book pages Haggis and Try It Out Terry


Inside the the hand-made envelope, tiny clothes pins.

Thank you, again, dearest Tiggy




26 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some gorgeous goodies, have fun playing with them! Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow What a special package of total wonderfulness (is that a word haha) I really love everything especially the initials, the bee and her painting-Enjoy your new treasures hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she sent you a great assortment of stuff. I love the initials. (I might be mailing you that "item" today, but it's not definite. I'll email you when I actually mail it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, what treasures! I see that 4th Doctor. He's "my" doctor, the first one I saw :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I’ve seen some episodes of Classic Who, I didn’t really get into the show until the 9th Doctor. Though he was my first Doctor my 💕 belong to the 10th.

      Delete
  5. WOW! Nice swag! Lucky you! Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff to get in the mail. Same here on the 4th doctor. He is the one who hooked me on the Dr. Who legacy.

    Enchanted by Chris Eccleston, in love with David Tennant, Matt Smith and Peter G. BUT Jody Whitaker sucks. I will start watching again once she regenerates and a better writer comes aboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jody Whitaker doesn’t suck. She’s an exceptionally talented actress. However, she can’t strut her stuff if she has horrible writers. I thought with Chibnall as the show runner, her stories would be amazing. The 13th Doctor doesn’t need a regeneration, that needs to happen with the show runner and writers.

      Delete
  7. Such a lovely assortment of goodies.
    Lovely Happy Mail :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun CJ. Don't you just love a wee bit of happy mail?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the black cats to cover your address and ohhhh, the bee.
    Thank you for Henry :-)
    Great surprise mail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will check out her link . You must get excited when you see these packages come.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an incredible gift, CJ. I love the pins and I love the postcards. Oh shoot, I love it all. You must be over the moon with happiness at seeing all these great pieces, including the awesome drawing she matted for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much goodness. Even the baker's twine made me giddy

      Delete