Saturday, June 27, 2020

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:


The Song of Bernadette (1943) Jennifer Jones, Vincent Price

If you haven't seen this movie, you might be able to find it on TCM and it may be available on YouTube

17 comments:

  1. Ha! I actually saw this film when I was at school. Our teachers only allowed us to see 'worthwhile' fims! Have a great Saturday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds a bit like the nuns I had. They sometimes rented films. The movies would be shown in the school auditorium and we paid a quarter to watch. Like "Million Dollar Mermaid" starring Esther Williams. 😺

      Delete
  2. Good morning, Not familiar with this one-and I do love old movies. Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not familiar with this one …

    Happy Weekend Wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What else is new, CJ? I've never even heard of this one, much less seen it. I HAVE heard of Vincent Price, if that's any consolation (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  5. heard of it, haven't seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the name but not the movie. Maybe it was a book my mother had? I hope you got some rain to help with the drought. Nothing here yet; I hope it comes. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mother probably had the book by Franz Werfel. It was on my parents' bookshelf.

      Delete
  7. I love, love, love this film. I first saw it on tv when I was young, and it made a big impression on me. I made the kids watch it at some point, and none of them cared for it *sigh* I love the book, too.

    ReplyDelete