Thursday, June 18, 2020

Happy Mail



Happy mail hit the new mailbox. Anne, Teddy's personal photographer, from Anne's Creative Cornucopia sent me this hand-made envelope with a gorgeous  Medieval border.


Inside, a hand-made, seed packet with the tiniest seeds I have ever seen. From her garden, Anne sent me some Fern Leaf Bleeding Heart seeds.

She said the plants are a perennial and bloom from Spring to Fall. They are also pretty forgiving; they prefer a shady area to sun, but she says they will grow in the sun. 

A perennial, forgiving variety plant is helpful to a black thumb gardener as I am. In the Fall, I'll plant the seeds (Anne said her mom just sprinkled the seeds in the area she wanted to plant) under the Japanese maple. I'll have time to weed and amend the soil before sprinkling the seeds. The seeds will be able to Winter over (something they need to do) and will bloom next Spring. (I hope!)

Thanks Anne for the beautiful envelopes and the seeds.

22 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise! And seeds to boot! Lucky girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, I'll be able to grow something nice besides weeds! 😺

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and how fun to receive those seeds-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I can plant them correctly so they will grow

      Delete
  3. i really enjoyed reading this and seeing that really cool envelope - so pretty and then the plant lover in me was so interested in these seeds. i need to google them. Beautiful mail you got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow the link to Anne’s blog. She has a How To tab on her page with links to the plants

      Delete
  4. how awesome !!! looking forward to the post next year complete with photos !!! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful envelope. And I have never seen bleeding heart seeds. You'll have to share the plants next spring with us so we can see how well they grow. Happy day. It is your kind of weather! Enjoy. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fern Leaf Bleeding Heart seeds are tiny, like specs.

      Delete
  6. Lucky you, this is gorgeous, how kind! Enjoy! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful surprise, so thoughtful! Loving that row of black cats 😁. Happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne was very thoughtful. I like using the Ink stamp to cover up my address

      Delete
  8. Okay, it did it to me again: I wasn't done writing, and the page refreshed. I wrote something like: I'm glad the envelope finally arrived and your mailbox was back in operation to receive it. I hope the seeds grow!! It's one of my favorite plants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.S. I forgot to mention Teddy was thrilled to see his name in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The perfect plant! I hope they grow for you :)

    ReplyDelete