Saturday, June 6, 2020

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order:me favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorite


 Sleeping Beauty (1959) voice of Mary Costa and Bill Shirley

If you haven't seen this movie and don't have the Disney Channel, you may be able to buy or rent this movie from YouTube.

19 comments:

  1. This is a good film and has some wonderful film history. I do prefer some of the newer ones where the ladies are a little more self-sufficient, but you could argue that Sleeping Beauty is a strong woman and that movies are just reflections of their times. It is a good one. Happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of the old Disney films this is my favorite. The animators captured the feel of the Middle Ages. The animation is stunning especially done on glass to give so much depth.

      My favorite of the newer films is Mulan, a strong female character with an epic story

      Delete
  2. I've never seen this, but I am familiar with the tale. This is truly wonderful. I have no idea if I have the Disney Channel or not, so will check to see. It seems like a nice family film, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this album as a kid. I used to make my mother put it on the stereo (because I wasn't allowed to touch the stereo) and I'd follow along, turning the pages of the little book that came with it. I still remember lying there being surrounded by the music. I loved it! Thanks for the memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! I love all things "old" Disney Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There’s a certain sweetness to the old Disney movies

      Delete
  5. Its a film even I know, wow! Happy weekend! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's like two films from my list! We're on a roll. 😺

      Delete
  6. Gotta love the old Disney classics. The kids would play Lady and the Tramp over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watched the newer ones over and over and over and over...

      Delete
  7. Goodness me 1959 … it doesn't seem possible it was all of those years ago!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And I’m older than the movie! 😱

      Delete
  8. Such a great film, mind you I love anything Disney ...lol 😉. I hope you had a lovely weekend! Keep well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete