Sunday, June 7, 2020

How Does Your Garden Grow?



🎵White, choral bells upon a slender stalk.
Lily of the valley deck my garden walk.
Oh, don't you wish that you could hear them ring?
That will happen only when the fairies sing.🎶


Petunias on Gruff's bench


and petunias with the Zen Bear


Ink's garden where I planted some morning glories and sunflower seeds. Himself saw Timex, the chipmunk rooting around by the trellis so I don't know how many sunflower seeds will come up.


Petunias and morning glories with a natural trellis


Petunias in a hanging basket


Wild morning glories (also called Devil's Weed) poke through the steps by the sun room slider


Morning glories


The trees leafed out and a splash of color from the Leaf Lady's azaleas


Ink's garden


A new cardinal whirligig as the other one broke in the winds


There's gnome place like gnome.


Garden kites practicing social distancing.

How does your garden grow?

22 comments:

  1. Your garden looks really good. Morning glory is really a devils weed, I got very sick as a kid because I chewed on a leaf. Enjoy your Sunday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know the flowers or leaves were toxic. The seeds are a hallucinogenic if ingested.

      Delete
  2. It's all looking good CJ. Plants are just bursting forth. Is that the bottom of your windchime in the garden kits photo-hanging lower than the flags? I think so. Have a great new week. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I put the new windchime on the hook where the garden kites are attached

      Delete
  3. 'There's gnome place like gnome'.......LOL! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another petunia lover... I love petunias... i have found that not everybody does... Do you have a favorite?? Mine is Sugar Daddy... a purplish one... I love morning glories too! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like petunias because for a Black Thumb Gardener, they are easy to grow and last right through the Fall. I like the dark jewel tones and the variety called Hoola Hoop, but I couldn't find those

      Delete
  5. Looks like lots of new things in your garden, like the new wind chimes, the gnome, and the cardinal whirli-gig. Beautiful and so we done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gnome’s been around for a hew years, a birthday gift to me from the Young One. When I put him outside, I noticed his red hat is fading

      Delete
  6. Your garden looks great.
    My favourites are the Petunias in the hanging basket and the gnome … I just love gnomes :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is awesome and fun. Great idea for the bench seat💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to keep the pots out of the lawn guy’s way

      Delete
  8. Haha, garden, funny you ;-) I did plant herbs on the balcony, so far nothing, but yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we get to see the herbs on your balcony

      Delete
  9. So lovely to see your garden and all the flowers that are starting to grow 😀. Looks like summer is on its way! Take care and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Promises to be a nice week as we’re in for a stretch of nice weather

      Delete
  10. Chipmunks are adorable but they eat every single seed I try to plant lol

    That azalea is a gorgeous sight over that fence. I love it when they get so big :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Timex the chipmunk - so cute. Enjoyed seeing the photos and zen bear is pretty darn zen looking.

    ReplyDelete