Sunday, July 17, 2022

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Purple potatoes for the first potato harvest. Purple on the outside and purple on the inside. The sugar snap peas didn't fare as well only 5 from the vine.


The kitties were all puffy and staring out the sunroom door. A stinky kitty waddled through the garden foraging for goodies.


Himself cut back the hanging basket and it's now doing better


A delicate hydrangea head. I'm so glad the bush survived the transplant and the Winter


I had the landscaper remove all the little trees that were growing up around the big tree. Somebody has to get out there and weed.


Kudzo and other weeds were growing around the neighbor's tree and making it hard for us to see to back out of the driveway. I had the landscaper cut down the overgrowth on our side.


Somebody needs to weed under the Japanese maple so the seeds Teddy and Anne sent can be planted there.


Volunteer morning glories are taking over the petunia hanging basket


Morning glory vines look more like Jack's beanstalk


Tomatoes!


An eggplant flower


Timex (chipmunk) is knocking the solar tulips off the stems and hiding the tulip.


Both of these


plants are looking better after getting a trim


A busy bee on the milkweed flowers


Milkweed pods

How does your garden grow?

16 comments:

  1. I love the photo looking into the basket with the potatoes. What a cool photo. Your gardens are definitely a bit ahead of my gardens and their growth. It's nice to see so much success. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple potatoes! Inside and out.. i've never had any.. have you? What do they taste like? I love looking at your garden... everythings so lovely.. Me? My dirt is doing just fine.. except its now powder and blowing away.. Volunteer Sunflowers will make an appearance at the T party! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I baked the two largest potatoes last Sunday. They tasted like regular potatoes, but the texture was a bit creamier. I look forward to seeing the volunteer sunflowers

      Delete
  3. Be careful of the stinky kitties! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now I'm nervous because I saw it go under the sunroom! Fortunately, stinky kitty doesn't feel threatened so no smell

      Delete
  4. Yours is looking great! Mine wants rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a quick downpour a couple of hours ago and rain forecasted for Monday

      Delete
  5. Your garden is looking so lovely and wow, purple potatoes, I've never see them before. My sister grows veggies and we had a potato salad made with potatoes from here garden last week when we went over for a BBQ 😊. Our flower border is looking lovely at the moment and so colourful. Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay cool. I saw you're in for some hot weather the beginning of the week

      Delete
  6. Wow!!! Can you believe it. Here: Still nothing!!!!
    The plants grow in height and that is it about it.
    But. I killed the old tomatoes from the fridge and made pizza sauce. And summer is on the way.
    Is the background new? It´s cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I change my blog backgrounds on the first of each month.

      Delete
  7. Your garden is doing a LOT better than mine. I haven't even checked my tomatoes since I planted them. I need to do that. Himself is quite the gardener. Glad stinky kitty isn't terribly stinky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as Stinky Kitty doesn't feel threatened, there is no smell.

      Delete
  8. Our garden needs rain ...
    Yours is looking good.

    All the best Jan
    https://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete