Monday, July 25, 2022

Erasers

 

When I met Nan at Tower Hill, she had a prezzie for me. She gave me a package of blue tack. Putty that you can use to hang posters on a wall or putting a bit under a vase to prevent it from being knocked off the table.

 Besides it's normal use, Nan said she took a workshop where the instructor used the blue tack in place of a kneadable eraser. I thought I would give it a try on the label for the Eldest's birthday gift that was mailed to her.

The blue tack is very stiff and a little difficult to mold into an eraser shape. It erased the pencil lines, but was harsh, and I was worried it would scuff up the fibers of the paper. It also didn't clean as well as the kneadable eraser.

The kneadable eraser is very pliable and easy to twist into shape. It's gentle on the paper and kneading the eraser cleans it. I don't think I'll give up my kneadable eraser any time soon in favor of the blue tack. Even if the blue tack is my favorite color.

12 comments:

  1. I love prezzies. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a grey art eraser I like, but I haven't ever heard of using blue tack as one. Thanks for sharing your review. It's always good to know about erasers. Hope you don't have any terrible storms today. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the blue tack would work in a pinch, but I prefer to use either a plastic eraser or a kneadable eraser.

      Delete
  3. My parents taught me about Museum Putty (same thing, just not blue) It's been a life saver over the years for many things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have museum putty, but never thought to use it as an eraser

      Delete
  4. My favorite erasers were always those that looked like animals and fit on the end of a pencil ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those were fun, but not big enough for industrial size erasing

      Delete
  5. UHU had/has? a product that was supposed to tack items to walls. It didn't work, so I doubt it would work as an eraser, either. I have never had a kneadable eraser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the kneadable erasers because they can be twisted to get into tiny spaces (e.g. between calligraphy letters) and they don't leave crumbs

      Delete
  6. Not the point, but the mermaid is super-cute!
    I have something called "Elephant-snot" to hang lightweight stuff on walls tec.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Presents are always good - very nice of Nan.

    ReplyDelete