Friday, July 8, 2022

The Friday Five Good Things


 Five good things that happened this week.

1. The Young One's friend from Ohio is coming for a visit. Nothing like company coming to give the impetus to clean the house. 

2. We signed up for HBO Plus. So many favorite shows and movies. Doctor Who, Lord of the Rings, and we get to finish Pennyworth, a show we started on a freebie, but didn't finish

3. I didn't have to get up early to take the trash out because of the holiday

4. Texted the Eldest to see if she was working this weekend. If she was off, I was going to ask if we could Skype on Sunday, her birthday.  She texted back she was going to surprise us. She's coming back home this weekend. We'll be able to celebrate her birthday in person!

5.  Spent an enjoyable day at New England Botanic Garden at Tower Hill with Nan and her sister, Nish

How was your week?

16 comments:

  1. How special you get to celebrate your Eldest bday in person.. I feel the same way about cleaning the house for company..lol
    - Hubby had a great day playing golf on the 4th..
    - He made me breakfast before he left :)
    - I asked hubby to name one thing he's thankful for to help me out here and he said 'You'...
    - My daughter has been getting out and walking nearly every day..
    -My rocks on the Fish Painting are nearly finished... Woot woot!
    Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you had a great week. Your hubby is a keeper

      Delete
  2. That is the best surprise that your daughter will be coming home for her birthday. You must be thrilled. And how was Tower Hill? I might have mentioned how I have been wanting to stop on the way home from my mom visit, but so far the weather hasn't cooperated. Maybe next week when I go it will. Sounds like you had a super week CJ. Enjoy your visit with your daughter. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have made a lot of improvements to Tower Hill. Paths turned into boardwalks or paved with cork. There's also a new garden

      Delete
  3. ork. Reading. Bleh. Can only get better.
    Good: Hubby on holiday bringing me coffee to the workplace with a kiss :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news. You are going to be overrun with company this week. Glad you enjoyed your time at the Botanical Garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like we're running a bed and breakfast

      Delete
  5. How nice to see her on her birthday :) Most of what I watch on HBO is movies, and my watchlist is looong! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is so much good stuff on HBO. So happy we got it, but it makes it so hard to get stuff done.

      Delete
  6. What a great week with the surprise visit from your daughter for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete