Sunday, July 24, 2022

How Does Your Garden Grow?

This week, it's all about the friends who visit or from the kitties point of view Snacks on the Lawn.


The Little Bunny


Waddles, aka Stinky Kitty. He's been visiting the yard every night for the past week.


Turkeys


Timex watched Doctor Who with me while I had my morning tea.


And Himself thought the horse trough gardens were safe from Timex


Red squirrel and house finches at the feeder.


Bigger Bunny


Mama Turkey and her poult


Little Bunny



Chickadee enjoying the birdbath


Another bunny


Atticus Finch


Sunset


Waddles


Waddles again. I had seen Waddles go under the sunroom after foraging. As animals go, skunks are pretty harmless. They eat a lot of bugs, grubs, and small rodents. They only perfume the air if they are frightened. I was worried Waddles would make his den under the sunroom. 

 Himself brought home some pellets that would repel skunks, deer, and other critters. I sprinkled some around the sunroom. The critters aren't supposed to like the smell. Plenty of acreage in the woods for Waddles to make his home.

Friday night, Waddles made his usual appearance popping out from under the sunroom. I had sprinkled a line of pellets by the steps. He took a sniff, made a "that's disgusting face." and ran back under the sunroom. He didn't make an appearance Saturday night much to the kitties' disappointment.


Found in the far corner of the Zensical garden. A broken piece from a hive or the start of a wasp nest?


Two of three bunnies. The first bunny was on the left but I didn't have a wide enough angle to get him in the photo.

How does your garden grow?

19 comments:

  1. How great to have so many creatures in your garden - not so sure about a skunk! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, though Waddles is potentially harmless, I don't really want him taking up residence here, especially under the sunroom

      Delete
  2. When you have dogs stinky kitty is just what you don't want to see. Bee too. Stinky kitties will raid a hive, so the electric fence has to be down low. Luckily you have kitties in the house. And I saw some bunnies down when we dropped off our boat in the field after boating on Friday. We don't have bunnies at home, and they are fun to see. Your yard is a wildlife haven CJ. Stay cool today. It is going to be brutal. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been closing all the windows and slider in the sunroom when the sun goes down. Just in case, Waddles comes out and gets spooked. Yup, I heard today was supposed to be brutal with the heat/humidity. Maybe better to clean the studio with the AC running.

      Delete
  3. Your gardens look good. I like all of the visitors, except for the skunk. My lawn is mostly burned out now, from no rain in weeks. New plants: almost dead. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the fourth time I've tried to publish today. You get a LOT more visitors than I get. Turkeys, skunks, oh my. I get squirrels and bunnies and they nibble on my herbs and eat my sunflower seeds I try to grow into real sunflowers. Sorry the kitties were not properly impressed or entertained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's more variety of critters here because I live in the middle of the woods.

      Delete
  5. How fun to see all your critters... even waddles.. I have live and let live mentality when it comes to critters.. Your not bothering me i won't bother you.. my space ... your space.. as long as they understand we're fine.. lol Hubs and i loved seeing the raccoons in AR.. but everyone around us was killing them.. We had nothing outside for them to get into.. and Hubs enjoyed the challenge of trying to keep them out of the bird feeders.. lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the time, I'm not concerned about the wildlife in the yard. I just don't want Waddles and Co. taking up residence under the sunroom. There's a half acre of woodland behind the house that they are welcome to

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. And your welcome to come and pet the animals 😺

      Delete
  7. Turkeys! That's exciting! It'd be fun to live next to a wooded space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are also fisher cats, deer, woodchucks, owls, redtail hawks, mice, voles, moles and a mountain lion or a bobcat

      Delete
  8. What fun to have a garden the critters visit.
    And speaking of visits, hope your time with your daughter was wondrous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The critters are very cute except they don't come in to clean my house like they helped Snow White.

      We had a wonderful visit with the Eldest though the time went by too fast.

      Delete
  9. Timex is the cutest! And Peanut´s cousin, awww.
    You have a lot of cute visitors! I was doodling along yesterday on the balcony and Ingo asked... "haven´t you seen Peanut walking just by close?!!!
    I have not. Bu-huu.
    But yes. Wasps here, too. I stay calm now and it works!
    No bunnies here but Wolfsburg sure has a huge population!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe Wolfsburg should change their name to Hassenburg. 😺

      Delete
  10. I wish I had a garden that grows - just pine needles all over the place. Anyway it looks so nice in your yard. The critters are so cute. I miss chipmunks. Ever since the ferals showed up several years ago the chipmunks and the ground squirrels left. Now that the ferals are gone only the gophers have returned ..Still have tons of pesky tree squirrels though.

    ReplyDelete