Monday, September 18, 2023

Reunion Name Tags


My 50th high school reunion is the Saturday after my Enders week. The reunion committee announced they had name tags. We were all told to bring a (yearbook) picture to attach to the name tag.

So I decided I would make name tags for Teague and myself. She also asked if I could make a tag for another friend of hers. 

The school colors are red and blue.

Teague didn't want to use her high school yearbook picture. Instead she said to use a picture of us taken when she moved to California.  I cut the picture in half and put each half on the corresponding tag. When we stand next to each other, the picture will be whole. We have always referred to this photograph as "I'm with Stupid."

12 comments:

  1. These look great. - Anne (Cornucopia)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m pleased how they turned out - CJ

      Delete
  2. Reunions are fun and scary! I like your need to stand next to each other tag. And it's a fun idea to add high school photos, especially after so many years. I have hard enough time identifying students who graduated 20 years ago when I run into them (well most of them), so I can only imagine when you knew someone as a teenager and then life has zoomed right by for so many years how hard it might be to know who they are from their face. Nice name tags too-which I should have said first thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped going to reunions decades ago. None of the people I knew ever went, just the cheerleader and football team and class officer types. And I wouldn't know how to get a yearbook photo. I didn't keep my yearbooks.

    I bet you have fun. People will notice your fancy name tags :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't going to go. The last one we went to was 20 year. Teague reminded me that I said no more reunions until 50 so we could see who was still alive. 😺Because of switching to public school after parochial, I didn't know many people in high school.

      Delete
  4. I didn't know anyone at my 10th anniversary high school reunion and all but about three people showed up. So glad you created those name tags and the humorous photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of 725 classmates with about 25 - 50 who have passed away, only 125 are attending. Other than Teague, I know 3.

      Delete