Friday, September 1, 2023

The Friday Five Good Things

 

Five good things that happened this week.

1. Heard from a friend. We call ourselves potential relatives as I have a  member in my family tree with his family's last name. It was fun catching up with him.

2. My SIL in came for a visit and brought us a ton of purple iris bulbs

3. We watched Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves on Netflix. Delightfully funny and mindlessly entertaining

4.My guilty pleasure is watching period pieces. Home alone, I enjoyed Pride and Prejudice. I had tried reading the book, but got bored with talking heads. The movie was so much better.

5. Had a fun conversation with my cousin and his daughter

How was your week?

14 comments:

  1. Reckon/hope 2 good things are yet to come...
    I had a real Italian pizza-base for pan pizza that lasted 4 days. And I started training again, my back was so happy!
    Counts as 5?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 3 things this week. I hope that means #4 and 5 are good things coming today or tomorrow. :) Iris bulbs are best too. Happy new month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's weird. I refreshed and i see 4 and 5. I love watching period pieces too. It won't be long before it's getting dark way way too early and I start watching more movies myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had prescheduled, but forgot to add nbrs. 4 and 5 before the blog went live. 😊

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great week, those bulbs will look good in the garden. Have a great weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they take and the critters don't eat them like they ate the tulip bulbs we planted.

      Delete
  5. I hope you watched the 40's version of P&P, it's the best one IMHO. Like your new background! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the 2005 version with Keira Knightly and Matthew Macfadyen. I had to check out the 1940 version and now I can see why you like this the best. Greer Garson and Laurence Olivier. I'll have to go see if I can find that one. Alphabet blocks seemed to be a good background to celebrate going back to school.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a really good week to me. I'm still not over that horrible salad debacle. To further aggravate my tummy, no one told me until it was too late that you don't drink distilled water.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like nice visits. Purple iris is our state flower. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds a good week ... ours was okay although the weather could have been better!
    I like Iris, hope those bulbs take all right.

    Happy September wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete