Sunday, April 16, 2023

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Himself had planted a bunch of bulbs under the Japanese maple. A tulip is coming up! Years ago, we planted a ton of tulips. Chipmunks love the tulip bulbs, and they ate them all. Prissy said chipmunks don't like


daffodils. So we planted a ton of them and jonquils.


On Thursday, a taste of Summer and record breaking temperatures. 


Daffodils with orange centers


At first, excitement as to something's growing. According to Plant Net, a weed Garlic Mustard


Another record broken for the day.


Himself thought these were Forget-Me-Nots, but they are Catsfoot or Creeping Charlie


The chipmunks and squirrels hate the solar tulip lights. They are broken and scattered all over the place.


The Clematis was kept in the greenhouse to Winter over. It looks like it's doing very well and even has some buds.


The blueberry bushes The Eldest sent to Himself for his birthday, also survived the Winter in the greenhouse. At least one of the bushes did. The other isn't looking that great.

How does your garden grow?

8 comments:

  1. It's amazing how quickly things are coming up. My daffodils have buds, and I just lost snow last week. It's always such an exciting time of year, isn't it? Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a good feeling when the snow is gone

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking awesome. Love your clematis.

    I don't have jonquils OR daffodils, but my tulips are in bloom now that my hyacinths have died out. I'm hoping my Rose of Sharon bushes I transplanted last year survived. They don't seem to have given me much hope they survived the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, too bad about the Rose of Sharon bushes. Maybe they will surprise you

      Delete
  3. I always liked Creeping Charlie but apparently it's considered a nuisance. I think it makes nice ground cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it because it's pretty and doesn't need maintenance. I hate gardening. 😺

      Delete
  4. I love your spring flowers. My catmint is blooming, and the daylilies are coming up. The red-bellied woodpeckers are nesting nearby and come for peanuts and suet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing the woodpeckers in the woods, but haven't seen them, yet.

      Delete