Monday, April 24, 2023

Accordion Fold Book with Pockets, "Moi" - Days 22 - 27



Days 22 - 25


Beach or Mountain?


The beach photo is from Ogunquit Beach, Maine. The mountain photo is from the White Mountains in New Hampshire.

I think if you've come this far with me, you know...



What's Your Astrological Sign?


I'm a Leo
July 23 to August 22.


What was your favorite age?


There are several favorite ages so I chose three. 

When I was 7 years old, I won (my Dad actually won) an Honorable Mention in the Science Fair. Our experiment was materials that would conduct electricity and would light a light bulb. 

When I turned 17, several friends gave me birthday parties. Lots of cake was involved. We drove through the center of town with me in the back seat sticking my head out the open window and yelling to all the passersby, "Anybody want a piece of cake?" Yup, I thought I was hot stuff. 

At the age of 29, I finally got a really good job. I was a computer consultant to banks. The company I worked for sold back office accounting programs. My job was to customize the programs for the customers.  This was in the early days of business having mini-computer systems. My favorite road warrior outfit was a navy blue, pinstripe skirt and blazer with a red and blue "power tie". When I visited my banks, people would stick their head out of their offices and whisper, the programmer is here. the programmer is here. I always thought I should have had my own theme song to announce my arrival or presence. Something like Darth Vader's theme. I would be shown to a terminal where I could work. The rule was I was there to fix a specific problem. So no one could sneak in a while you are here could you fix this? There would be hisses, Don't bother the programmer. The boss's secretary would timidly approach and ask, Can I get you a coffee, tea, anything? Those were the days when programmers were gods and not just code monkeys.

Himself and I were dating at this time, too.


Are you a day or a night person?




I'm a day person. My day begins at 5 am when I have to get up to feed the kitties. Sometimes, I go back to bed until 7 am. Then it's go, go, go, with an occasional nap, and going again. I go to bed between 9:30 or 10 pm unless I'm at Camp Ogunquit.


Days 26 and 27


Are you a cat or dog person? 
I have been owned by 5 cats.


Ginette, a male tuxedo cat with an unfortunate name. The Brother was dating a girl whose cat had kittens. She asked my brother to watch the kitten for a week. They broke up and she never came back to get the kitten. I was 12 years old. I called him Kitty. He would wait on the front steps for me every afternoon as I came home from school. When he saw me walking up the street, he would run to meet me and walk me home.

Mitty was the cat we had before Ink. Mitty was a diluted tuxedo. He was grey and not black. We adopted him from a shelter. He was a very loving cat. I think he was so happy to be out of the shelter. Every morning at 4:30 am, he would let me know he wanted to go outside. At 6:30 am, he would bring me a decapitated mole. Every. single, morning. Sometimes, he would jump up on the kitchen table while the Young One was dawdling over her breakfast. He would finish it for her.

Ink was my beloved, black cat familiar. He was all black except for 6 white hairs on his chest.He owned me for 19 years, and has now been beatified as a saint.


My two, new furry overlords, are Calli. She stretches her back legs like she's a ballerina. She does not stretch the way normal cats do. Quill is a chill, big boy. He does not like to be held, but likes to be where the people are. He is dog software running on cat hardware.


Coffee or Tea?


A cup (of tea) a day keeps the bear at bay.

26 comments:

  1. This little book gets better and better. And it's fun getting to know more about you too. This is a great project, and I'm glad you shared it with us. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and very enjoyable post. Love our book and its contents. I was just tyying to imagine you as Darth Varder sitting at a computer and being quasi worshipped by all around! I am more of a night person, and my creative genes really wake up at night! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really quite heady to have so much power at such a relatively young age. Like the time I told one of the bank VPs in New Jersey. I hate driving in NJ. Send a driver to the airport to pick me up. He sent a limo! 😺

      Delete
  3. A limo! How times have changed.....these days you'd probably get an Uber driving a Kia! 🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought he would have sent one of the secretaries! 😺

      Delete
  4. Beach! Can´t wait for it!!! February, yippeeeee.
    And seagulls, yes, the symbol of holidays.
    As a Leo you should visit us, really!
    Chapeau for your achivement at 7 years only! As to "the programmer"! Yay!
    And yes... or yes? DO you still need code these days? So much is done via drag´n drop, it makes me sad.
    I was a night owl until I got my first job, now up latest 05:00 am, sadly no kitties, though!
    LOL, well said, you have been owned!
    Well, but... when I read about your losses. I don´t know if I could bare loosing a cat. Maybe Ingo is right and we´re better off without... and I just sneak in here and enjoy...
    To tea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. February. Is that when you are going to OZ? I would love to visit Braunschweig. Maybe someday. I don't do coding anymore. Maybe an occasional bit of HTML. As far as programming goes, I'm a dinosaur. It's hard to lose a pet, but oblah-di, oblah-dah, life goes on. Doesn't it? 😊

      Delete
  5. It's a biographical work :)

    I don't have a favorite age, though I have fond memories. I'm an insomnia person, so I take my sleep when I can get it. I used to be a night person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An autobiographical work. I'm not dead, yet 😺

      Delete
    2. Right you are, though I've read biographies of living people.

      Delete
  6. So fun catching up with you CJ... Hubs and i have been on vacation for a week now... one week to go.. Tomorrow i will sand between my toes for the first time in years... Just loving this book of yours! So many of your choices would be difficult for me because i love both.. i suppose i could choose if you twisted my arm...lol Beach, Cat, NightOwl, Age... i had to think a little bit on this one and i would have to say... my 40's... and now into my 50's.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to the beach? My eyes turned green! Enjoy the beach and sunshine for me!

      Delete
  7. thecontemplativecat here. My favorite age was 37. Had so many life experiences, so returning to teaching was another exciting one. You're life booklet is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many ages that have such good memories.

      Delete
  8. Leo here.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyable post! Loved reading it all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a great project.
    I'm more of a night person ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun project and kept me from getting into trouble. 😺

      Delete
  11. How fun to read. YOu are a Leo ..so was my mom. Love everything about this. And you yelling out the window ..do you want a piece of cake, lol. Wow what a profession you were in. Totally a night person for me. What a schedule you have. Since I'm a Sagitarrius I don't have that busy of a schedule anymore but I do spend a lot of time with my head in the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I approach retirement, there are more gaps between the go go go 😺

      Delete
  12. Sorry I am so late visiting. I now have four cats and two households to take care of, and last night I visited Sally at the hospital till they threw me out. She finally got a room late last night. Before that she was stuck in the ER on a cot.

    I wouldn't have missed this for the world. I loved all your answers and knew the beach in a heartbeat. I guess I would, too, but there are none within at least 1000 miles in any direction from where I live. And since I am so used to flat lands, I would definitely not want to go to the mountains.

    LOVED the kitty answer. You also had real power back then. Nice to know all these things about you, too. LOVE that suit! Mine was black with pin stripes.

    And we all know you are a tea drinker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad Sally got a room and can now rest a bit more comfortably. I hope she makes a speedy recovery and gets home quickly to her fur babies.

      Delete