Thursday, April 20, 2023

Accordion Fold Book with Pockets, "Moi" - Days 17 - 21


On the reverse side of the book, there were no pockets. So a pocket or something to hold the ATC in place was needed. I made pockets by making a coin/gift card envelope and cutting it in half.


Because this was a 31 day project and the book only had 15 spaces on each side, one of the spaces would have to hold two ATCs. So Days 17 are 18 are on the same page.

Day 17 is inside a square envelope tied with Baker's twine to look like a bakery box.


The question for this day was Cake or Pie?


I don't see that it needs to be an either or choice. My friend, Iowa had sent me a package with some round Danke stickers on it. Iowa teaches high school German. I used one of the stickers. Cake or pie? 
Yes, please.


Day 18 was Travel Plans
My travel plans include trips to Teague's house, and a Spring weekend with her to Ogunquit, Maine, Perhaps a trip this Fall for another Sacred Art Retreat on Enders Island, Mystic, Connecticut. There may be other trips around New England.


Day 19
What is Out Your Front Door?



Outside my front door


Is a Wonderful Sight


Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall


Day 20
Who Is Your Hero?


A Chemist/Alchemist, Shoulder to Cry On, Doer of Jobs that Are Not Little Princess Jobs, Chauffer, Grocery Shopper, Supporter of the Arts, Bestest Friend. I couldn't make it through this life without him.


Day 21
What's Your Favorite Ice Cream?


My favorite ice cream is Heavenly Hash
Chocolate ice cream with marshmallow swirls, chocolate chips, and almonds.

18 comments:

  1. I like the pocket-book idea!
    Pie, please. Spinach-feta? Ham and eggs. Oh, you make me hungry!
    Deutschland hat keine Pies... (at least not here...).
    I like your hero and I really do hope for liquorice-ice-cream come February 2024!
    (They have it in Perth, haven´t seen it here...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wie sagt man "pie" auf Deustch? Oh, licorice ice cream could be a new favorite flavor!

      Delete
  2. Today's views are amazing CJ. I really like how you drew the answer to each question, and I like the pull open page where you put the 4 photos. The pockets are really working well for you. Have fun with the kids today-I think you said today was your class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic artwork. This looks great. (And I like how Himself is your Hero.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, I really like your pockets. It looks like the ice cream truck is pulling some wagons. Glad you have a wonderful sight outside your frontdoor and a hero, that can always come in handy. I was amazed to see "DANKE" in German - thanks for the explanation wherefrom you got it!
    All the best from Austria! 🌷☘️🌷
    Hugs, Traude 😘
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/04/rax-und-thenauriegel-zwei-ausfluge-mit.html
    PS: My favorite ice cream is cinnamon apple (tastes like apple strudel)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds like a delicious ice cream flavor

      Delete
  5. What a fun project. I'll take cherry pie, please.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your little book, a beautiful piece full of happy memories and Ideas. And what a wonderful compliment for Himself, wow! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. thecontemplativecat here. You have such a talent. I imagine that you have some lovely journals about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I may be late visiting, but I certainly applaud your drawing and coloring skills. I also LOVE your HERO. These are all so well done, CJ.

    BTW, I prefer Moose Tracks as my ice cream of choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moose Tracks has peanut butter. I'm not a fan of peanut butter.

      Delete