Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Whatcha Doin?

 

I was asked to teach two classes to 5 - 7 years olds at WAM this coming Thursday. A morning class making a bestiary, a Book of Beasts and an afternoon class called Crowns, Sceptres, and Capes. Against my better judgement, I said yes. (The last time I taught children's classes in December, I was sick for two months 😺)

So I am printing, cutting, punching, and assembling materials to make the books and crowns. Fortunately, the lesson plan is only a guideline, and I don't have to teach/make/do everything. I think this age group will have enough to do drawing and coloring 6 pages, the cover, and making the book as well as cutting out crowns, gems, and decorating the crowns.

Children who finish the projects quickly will free draw castles or free draw.

Also a shout out to people who upload free craft activities for children so I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Whatcha doin?

18 comments:

  1. Bring a bottle of hand sanitizer with you so you don't get sick. Smile. And other than that these classes sound fun. I had nothing this week except getting together with my daughter last evening, so it's all about yard work for me. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. A little chilly but a nice day for yardwork

      Delete
  2. Take some zinc before you meet with the little germsicles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should be. The age group is fun to work with

      Delete
  4. Have fun, but hope you stay healthy this time! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed. I figure if I can get past Sunday, I should be okay

      Delete
  5. I'm sure you will have fun :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you don't get sick again. Like Erika said, take hand sanitizer and maybe wear a mask. Just try to be safe, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Zoo yesterday, grocery today, storms tomorrow. Do you and the kids wear masks during classes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People aren't really wearing masks here anymore. I was masked and using hand sanitizer has if I was Lady MacBeth trying to wash the blood stains from my hands.

      Delete