Tuesday, April 11, 2023

T Stands for Grandmaster E Saves Easter

With the problems with my teeth, I wasn't feeling up to Easter baking. I had some cans of cat food that the kitties wouldn't eat. I had asked Grandmaster E if her kitty would like it. She said she would swap some of her Easter baking for the cat food. 


After dinner on Good Friday, we went over to make the swap. There were people coming in an out as Grandmaster E had done baking for her friends and family. We were the last to drop in at her "bakery". She treated us to a slice of Ricotta cake and a taste of Pigna, an Easter bread. Along with a cup of PG Tips tea.  These delicious goodies were not part of my family's tradition.


After a lovely visit filled with delicious food and laughs. Grandmaster E packed up the cardboard box I had used to transport the kitty food, with her awesome goodness.


On a pretty, paper, Easter platter, she sent plastic eggs, chocolates, jelly beans, and some Pigna. 


She also made cookie baskets with a hard boiled Easter egg in the middle. One for each of us. I usually make a bread with the hard boiled egg in the middle, but not this year.

So thank you, Grandmaster E, and Master Beef for saving Easter. Because of your generosity, my family had lovely goodies for the holiday. I'm pretty sure I got the better part of the swap deal. 

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

36 comments:

  1. “Pigna” is unfamiliar to me, and there’s no definition that fits this context, so I’m left very curious. You are lucky to have a great friend who bakes and preps such lovely holiday food and then shares it!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pigna is an Easter bread. I believe it's a tradition from her husband's side of the family. Each region of Italy has their own version of Easter bread.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got so many lovely goodies, that was a great swap. Glad you were able to enjoy baked goodies even though you weren't up to doing it youself. Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything looks and sounds delicious that was an awesome trade! hope your teeth are feeling better-no fun at all hugs
    Happy T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another trip to the dentist yesterday. I'm feeling much better. Things are looking good, but the healing process will be long and slow

      Delete
  4. Now that seems like a really good swap. I didn't bake either, and the hubby bought a Market Basket cake (yellow) that tasted OK but had NO flavor. It was a waste of calories. But the plate looks so yummy and definitely an Easter treat. Happy T day, CJ. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate to think of how many calories were in E's baked goods. Everything tasted so gooood

      Delete
  5. How nice! My Easter "cooking" is now heating up frozen dishes bought at the grocery lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that idea and might have done it, but Himself had bought a leg of lamb in anticipation of the Eldest's visit.

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous exchange. I agree you probably got the better end of the deal. Actually, Grandmaster E's kitty got the better end of the deal! That was a wonderful exchange and a very pretty plate of goodies.

    I hope you a feeling better, but it sounds like this is a long term recovery.

    I enjoyed seeing your Easter plate and mug. LOVED the bee! Thanks for sharing your gifted tray of goodies and your own mug and plate with us for T this Tuesday, dear CJ.

    BTW, I saw your governor on tv last night. She certainly means business when it comes to women's health care in your state. I was certainly impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Recovery is a lot longer than I expected it would be. Guess that's what happens when you get old 😺

      Delete
  7. I'd agree, you got the better part of the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! That was wonderful of your friend to be so thoughtful! She sounds like a VERY good friend indeed!

    I love learning about other traditions, :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is. I'm so glad we met her and her husband. He's a doll, too.

      Delete
  9. How great that you were able to get some Easter Treats! I once made a coconut Easter bunny cake... lol Happy T day CJ! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been deliciously cute. I've made black sheep (chocolate lamb) cakes, but they look more like the Muppet's Rolf the Dog 😺

      Delete
  10. Now that was a good swap! The pigna looks delicious. How kind of her to give you all those goodies.
    Happy T-Day,
    Hug,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a wonderful trade. I've got some trade-worthy cat food I'd gladly trade for pastries-----Grin. Purrfect blog background for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like a good swap, and everything looks interesting. The plastic eggs are colourful and great for a display. Thanks for the share.
    Happy T-day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice friend, and great swap. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was a great swap, I think! The Easter treats you got all look lovely and your family is very lucky to have someone like Grandmaster E. And the kitties don't have to eat the food they don't like. Great for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a very good swap. I love your pretty tea mug! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was a good swap :)

    All the best Jan

    PS Hope your teeth feel a lot better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a delicious swap and my teeth were able to enjoy the goodies

      Delete