Friday, June 21, 2024

The Friday Five Good Things


Five good things that happened this week.

1. The weather cleared, and we walked to Ogunquit Beach. We walked along the beach, sat and talked until the tide coming in made us move. We then walked to town and had a margherita pizza at La Pizzeria. We ate outside. We stopped at the Village Store for Whoopie Pies before going back to the motel.

2.  The trip home started with breakfast at the Egg and I in Wells, Maine. Then we stopped for a walk around Mount Agamenticus in Monadnock, Maine. Then we stopped in Salem, New Hampshire to see America's Stonehenge. We had a late lunch at an old-fashioned '50s style diner,  Mary Ann's Diner. I had a BLT and an awesome fudge sundae

3. I hadn't heard from the Young One in nearly 2 weeks. Not even a Father's Day greeting for Himself. I sent her a text, FB message, and email asking if I needed to call the police to do a wellness check. I was relieved to hear back from her.  Saying I'd call the police (and I would, too) worked with the Eldest and now works with the Young One.

4. A client picked up a commission I had lettered for them. They were very pleased.

5. The ice cube maker stopped working. We watched some YouTube videos. Turning the freezer down 2 degrees and using a hair dryer, unblocked the mechanism and ice fell out. Back in business, boys and girls!

How was your week?

21 comments:

  1. What a fantastic week! Sounds like a lot fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. would like to be where the gulls are in that photo. 🥵🥵🐟‼️

    ReplyDelete
  3. #5...yeah, we have that happen too. (Unfortunately one time I blocked the vent or something......Husband NEVER lets me forget it! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My week was okay, but not more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YouTube is so good for problem-solving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our ice cube maker isn't working either. I'm going to remember this if the new, long needed to be put in filter doesn't do it. And isn't Mount Agamenticus in York? Perhaps I'm thinking of something else. Sounds like you had a nice trip. Today's not very sunny here. I hope the weekend isn't as wet as they say it could be too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mount Agamenticus is in York. Sunny here though afternoon thunderstorms predicted. Sound like possible thunderstorms all weekend.

      Delete
  7. It's amazing how YouTube helps so many of us with problem solving!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the first place to turn before calling a repairman

      Delete
  8. Now THAT was some wonderful week!!!!
    I had Pizza every day and Ingo again has left-over tomatoes. Bet soon I´ll speak Italian just from that! (No next week. Tofu).
    Yay to YouTube and people willing to share their knowledge! I use that so often, too!!!
    My week was work. Not that exciting. Cold, grey. But good, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pizza (margarita) and I could eat it every day

      Delete
  9. A very busy week for you. Glad the young one finally responded.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want a beach!!! Sounds like you had a great trip. Ice makers are the first to go, so I hear. I'm glad you got yours back up and running 👍

    ReplyDelete