Monday, October 12, 2020

Holiday Masks from The Vintage Table

 I had been chatting with a friend, and the talk turned to masks. She was saying she bought some holiday masks because we'll probably be wearing masks for a very long time.

Now, I have some fun mask prints, but nothing for the holidays. Looking around, I wasn't able to find anything with holiday prints that I liked or masks that were made in the USA. Then Karen, one of the karate family friends from the karate studio where Himself teaches and works out, posted on Facebook that her company, The Vintage Table was not only selling vintage tablecloths, but she was making masks, too. Mask not only made in the USA, but made in Natick, Massachusetts, the town where I grew up. 

Karen offers fitted and pleated mask styles for both adults and children. Cute vintage and retro patterns. I ordered a bunch. 



The masks practically arrived the day after I order them in this cute flamingo, vinyl envelope. The Eldest's favorite color is pink so the envelope will be recycled to send to her.


The Young One and I already have masks that we can wear for Halloween, but Himself didn't. His favorite color is purple so I ordered the mask with the spooky eyes. There was also a mask with Fall color pawprints that looked like leaves to me. Vintage snowmen and reindeer for Christmas. Snowflakes on blue to get me through the Winter blues. The Young One and her Beau have a thing about owls and the black cats sitting so their tails form a heart will be perfect for Valentine's Day.


The masks are well made from very, fine cotton so they are soft on sensitive skin. Not only cute patterns on the outside, but some also had a print on the inside. Made so well the masks can be reversible! They launder well and no ironing!

If you can't sew (like me), and you're looking for some masks made in the USA, follow the link above to Karen's website. There are lots of patterns to choose from  and you'd be helping out a small business.

A mask and a roll of toilet paper would make a great Christmas gift.  😺 Karen also has a fine selection of vintage tablecloths, too. ( I have a couple of those, too.) 

Karen, I hope you'll have some prints for St. Patrick's Day.

32 comments:

  1. These are incredible. I can't believe the cost, though. But I can see it's partly because of the fabric and partly because of the assembly. I love the heart tailed cats. No ironing is always a bonus. These look like fun. BTW, I have a Christmas tablecloth that belonged to my grandmother that looked like the one on the first page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember the cost includes shipping. Mail, packaging are overhead that is the cost of doing business.

      Delete
    2. I've been looking at masks online, and those prices are in line with much of what I see. Especially of the novelty/seasonal variety. We ordered a fandom mask for my son for his recent birthday, and it was $20 with no shipping included. I'm sticking with disposable masks as I don't trust my ability to keep one clean and ready ;)

      Delete
    3. Just one mask? Do you own one pair of panties? 😉🎃I also like to coordinate my mask with what I'm wearing or my mood. I used to have lots of shoes. Himself thinks the shoe obsession has transformed into masks. 🎃

      Delete
    4. I couldn't help but respond to that one. I don't wear panties, so that eliminates my need for them (grin). I DO own lots of bras, though. And I have two handmade masks, one I made, and a ton of disposable ones given to me by Sally, who wears white ones. That's HER mood.

      Delete
  2. LOVE that flamingo bag! Nice touch! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun to see the flamingo bag in the mailbox

      Delete
  3. Awesome, I did allot of searching for usa made masks too when this all started and found one in Texas-they make mens shirts.they were a bit pricey but they fit really snug and stay put and they have replaceable liners as well, so they were well worth the money and shipping costs to me
    these holiday ones are nice thanks for the link-nice web site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have thought since you know how to sew you would have made your own.

      Delete
    2. I did make a few for us-and for some reason I really struggled with it-they never fit snug, didn't always stay up-like you see others constantly pulling the masks up-my friend told me about this business making them-and I just went with theirs I liked that they also included liners that they said were good for 8 hours to increase protection

      Delete
  4. Who would have thought of valuables like masks and loo-paper as Christmas presents in the past? Love your new ones, they are such fun! Stay safe and well with them! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Masks and toilet paper makes gift giving easier. It's something everyone needs. Maybe the new Christmas underwear. 🎃 (At Christmas, we used to get new socks and undies)

      Delete
  5. Thank you CJ! Some of the fabric I use can cost up to $25 a yard and that’s just the outside. I also use coordinating elastic and lining. The fabric is carefully chosen because I know customers can buy masks anywhere and I want mine to be special. I have several regular mask buyers who are medical professionals and need to wear a mask their entire shift :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you posted you were making masks. I can't sew, but my mother was a professional seamstress. I know fine material and workmanship when I see it. Your passion and dedication to your craft shows in your work.

      Delete
  6. Such fabulous masks, I love the different fabrics and themes that you chose - perfect! I also really like the design, I've made me and hubby some of that style too and now you have me thinking I may have to make some seasonal ones ...lol 😀. Have a great new week! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the pleated ones as well. They are more adjustable. However they use a lot more fabric which made them too hot for summer. I think we are going to be wearing them for a while yet so we may as well all find masks that we like that reflect our personalities. I buy a lot of fabric on Etsy so I can support other small businesses. Michael Miller is my favorite designer

      Delete
  7. What fun! Are they comfortable? I think I mentioned The Boy sent me TP for Mother's Day. ROFL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very comfortable. Karen uses a color-coordinated, wide elastic, if you don't like the wide-width, she has some of the white, narrow elastic and you can ask her to switch.

      A bouquet of toilet paper is such a thoughtful gift.

      Delete
  8. love all the masks. I would order but we have a local (several) local people in our little town who make them. It's fun to see all the patterns and colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's good to support your local, small businesses

      Delete
  9. I'm going to check out her site; these ARE really cool !!! ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen has lots of beautiful and fun retro prints. Also lots of kitty prints that might appeal to Miss Daisy

      Delete
  10. Nice masks. My daughter sewed us some holiday masks. We figured since we're going to be wearing them for a while we might as well have some fun. I notice one of the masks has black cats on it. Cool. Hope it was a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. As long as we have to wear masks, we should have fun and look good. 🎃 The black cats on red is for Valentine's Day. The cats are sitting back to back and their tails form a heart.

      Delete
  11. These are amazing CJ! Thanks for sharing! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete