Tuesday, October 20, 2020

T Stands for A Toast to A Son From The House of Frankenstein

 To get in the mood for Halloween, a few scenes of eating and drinking from Frankenstein (1931) starring Colin Clive as Henry Frankenstein, Mae Clark as Elizabeth, John Boles as Victor, and Boris Karloff as The Monster.


Henry Frankenstein's fiancée, Elizabeth, and his best friend, Victor talk over coffee. Elizabeth confides that she's worried about Henry.


Henry has a breakdown and is recovering. Elizabeth and Henry have an afternoon tea. Here she passes him a nice cuppa.


On Henry and Elizabeth's wedding day, Henry's father, Baron Frankenstein, has a bottle of wine his parents laid down to be opened when the Baron's son marries. The Baron hopes 30 years from now, Henry will be able to toast his own son on his wedding day with a bottle of wine put specially away for the occasion.


The staff is permitted a glass of champagne as the Baron considered  the special wine would be wasted on them.


Henry recovers after the wedding day went sour. The maids thought he could use a glass of his grandparent's wine.


The Baron thought that was a nice gesture, but decides Henry needs his rest, but he could do with a glass of wine. "A toast to a son from the house of Frankenstein."

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth’s blog to find out what the rest of the T gang is up to. If you want to play, include a beverage or beverage container in your post. Don’t forget to link your blog from Bleubeard and Elizabeth’s page.

40 comments:

  1. Fun pics today. I like that the house servants 'only' got a glass of champagne! Happy T Day, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying TCM's Fright Favorites theme this month. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been watching other things, but I think Himself has recorded some of them

      Delete
  3. These are the kind of horror movies I love- the old B&W ones! Thanks for sharing and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the classics. We watch this one every year. Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever drink reference for the T party today ~ Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow - i need to see this again - it's been so many years ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. not "t" related though I am HUGE fan of B/W; "sci fi" "horror" movies from days gone by; the dvd's on the book case unit will confirm this !!! if you haven't seen, Son of Frankenstein it's a MUST...in my mind, Bela Lugosi was SUPERB playing Ygor !! ♥♥☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, it seems this film was made for T Day with all the clips you shared 😁. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm, I would prefer a glass of champagne to a bottle of wine that was aged 30 years and has a good chance of having turned. I don't remember much about this version; so I should really watch it again.

    I have to ask. What did you mean in your comment on my blog by "Thank you for enabling the nosy (pumpkin icon)?

    Happy T-Day. Stay safe and well. Hugs, Eileen



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d prefer the champagne, too

      Delete
    2. Lol - thank you for answering my question, CJ. It fascinates me that people care to read about my mundane (to me) life.

      Delete
  10. Excellent post! I watch old movies all the time and especially scary ones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where's Gene Wilder? Where's Marty Feldman? They are the ones we need!

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a fun movie. I love black and whites.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Eldest wasn’t a fan of all the black and white movies we watch. She called black and whites dog view because dogs supposedly can’t see color 🎃

      Delete
  13. This is a fun T post for Halloween. I haven't seen this film since I was a teenager, so I don't remember it. Hope you had a great T day CJ. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have TCM they are running all the old horror movies this month. Or you could watch them on the TCM app

      Delete
  14. Last night before I was going to leave a message, I got up to get coffee. When I did, I must have hit my computer screen because when I got back, my screen was black. I even rebooted and tried the little lights that adjust the screen. I was sick about it, but waited until today when I could see better what was going on. I finally found I had accidentally unplugged one of the cords that hooks the screen to the hard drive box. I am so glad I didn't need a new computer screen.

    What a fun and unusual treat for T this Tuesday, dear CJ. This was definitely outside the box, which I love. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You’ve had enough computer woes with no Internet and cables. I’m glad it was only a loose plug. Glad you enjoyed me pulling a T Day post out of my hat

      Delete
  15. Perfect classic for the season. I remember really being scared of Frankenstein, then later felt sorry for him. LOL
    Great drink reference post for Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I was ever really scared of Frankenstein. Dracula and Phantom of the Opera gave me nightmares

      Delete
  16. I have to admit I´ve never seen the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great story! How nice that the servant 'just' got a glass of champagne.
    I love those old B&W films.
    Sorry for the late comment,
    Have a good week,
    Hugs,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete