Saturday, October 10, 2020

Saturday Afternoon at the Movies

  This idea came from a Facebook meme:
Over 10 days, post your 10 all time favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.

Only I had a hard time picking out just 10 movies so my favorites over the next few hundred Saturdays 😸 in semi-alphabetical order my favorite films. What movie has really made an impact on you or what films can you watch over and over and never tire of? Post either the movie poster, DVD cover or even a screenshot on your timeline. No need to explain.


The Scarlet Pimpernel (1934) Leslie Howard, Merle Oberon

The Leslie Howard version is my favorite, but there's also


The Scarlet Pimpernel (1982) Anthony Andrews, Jayne Seymour

The movies are based on The Scarlet Pimpernel novels by Baroness Orczy. I read them all as a kid.

If you haven't seen the movie, both versions are available on YouTube.

21 comments:

  1. I've actually read the book eons ago. I haven't seen either of the films though. One of these days when I sit still long enough to watch them. (I have given up on seeing many films I guess.) Happy Saturday and enjoy the slightly more summery weather. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not familiar with this one but I always liked Jayne Seymour Happy Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Andrews-Seymour version in 1982 was a made for TV movie

      Delete
  3. Leslie Howard played it spot on IMHO! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howard was made for this role. I think out of all the versions, this is the best.

      Delete
  4. I've seen the black and white version. I might've seen the newer one, too. I like that story / movie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another one we have on DVD (the 1934 version) and re-watch every so often. Delightful film :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the best version. I just love Leslie Howard.

      Delete
  6. I know the 1934 version, saw it when I was a kid. Happy weekend, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. i never saw this one. How's your autumn doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was one more Summer day today so perfect

      Delete
    2. love perfect days - we have had a few around here - ..we are heating up just a bit but the valley below will be hot again. Our nights are so chilly i have to use a blanket now instead of just a sheet. Hoping to go gather more leaves today. I was looking back in my photos and realized the very best ones up here with the most interesting patterns are around november 10 over at lake arrowhead - i have a month to wait for the good ones.

      Delete
  8. I have never seen these, but I know who Jane Seymour is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always loved this film growing up ... They seek him here, they seek him there ...lol 😀. Wonderful Saturday viewing! Take care! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete