Thursday, January 20, 2022

Throwback Thursday - Five M&Ms

 


In case you don't know, Himself and I grew up next door to each other. He was the oldest in his family and as a child I was always over his house playing with him and his two sisters and two brothers.

His mother loved M&M candies. Candy coated chocolate that "melt in your mouth but not in your hand". Whenever she would dole out the treat, each kid got 5 candies. The rest were hers. 

She loved the candy so much that one night while Himself and I were dating, I was over the house and we were all watching  Duel in the Sun


In the middle of the movie, his mother got a craving for M&Ms, and she gave Himself money and asked him to drive to the store to get a bag. When we got back she opened the treat and gave us each 5 M& Ms. 

So now the joke whenever M&Ms or other small candies are in the house, and I ask Himself if he'd like some, I always give him 5 candies just like his mother did. The rest are mine. 😉

21 comments:

  1. See....she did it so that you had precedent for future 'sharing'! (Smart lady! LOL) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a funny story. How interesting you married the boy next door. That is a wonderful story too. Hope it hasn't gotten too cold yet, but it is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is it that you and your husband grew up together! Love the M&M's story, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun because some of my childhood memories are his

      Delete
  4. I didn't know you grew up that close to each other...and what a fun and great memory ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We played together as children. We went to different schools, different high schools, colleges. So we never dated. It wasn't until after he got his master's at Purdue and had come back, living at home, and teaching that we started dating

      Delete
  5. What a great story. And no, I didn't know you were neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sharing is the way to start a relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious - Love Those Long Ago Stories

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember you telling us about living next door to Himself as a child, but that story about the M & Ms is a hoot. I feel sorry for Himself. Surely he deserves more than five, especially if it's a huge container like Sally gets at Sam's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fun memory....but only five!!! I would have mumbled under my breath something not very nice...

    ReplyDelete