Monday, January 31, 2022

The Big Dig



There's got to be a morning after 
If we can hold on through the night 
We have a chance to find the sunshine 
Let's keep on looking for the light 
"The Morning After", theme from The Poseidon Adventure (1972)


Because there was so much blowing and drifting of snow, it was hard to get an exact measure of how much snow dropped. I measured 16 inches of snow. I think the official snow total from the weather watcher in town was 18 inches. Some areas along the North Shore, Boston, South Shore, and Cape Cod saw 2 feet or more of snow.


The weather dudes were saying this was a light, fluffy snow, but a pound of feathers still weighs a pound.


Snowdrift up the sun room slider door. Somebody needs to shovel a path to the bird feeder. That may have to wait until the temperature gets above freezing. The slider and the sun room windows were frozen shut.


The greenhouse survived.


The Frozen Tundra


The Angel who plowed the driveway on Saturday could not finish the plowing because he was in the hospital with appendicitis. 😱All the snow plow drivers were busy. And then? And then? Along came D, Himself's brother and his trusty snowblower. The kitties loved watching D 


The driveway all cleared.


Clearing the snow from Moose


By the twilight's last gleaming, our mailbox still stands!


Crossing the Alps without elephants for a cup of tea and some Ibuprofen.

21 comments:

  1. I saw that front walk shoveled and my first thought was you did it. So glad you have an BIL with a snow plow. And it's good to see you didn't lose power OR your mailbox. Sorry to read about the plow angel, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the plow angel is a local fella. I'm hoping someone on the FB page town site will post an update on how he's doing.

      Delete
  2. You definitely got more than we did. And even though the snow was light, it was still heavy in some spots to move. I shoveled yesterday, and it was cold! Hopefully no more at the end of the week that I am seeing hints of. Stay warm. I'm ready to take off for someplace warm-I wish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was hoping this was going to be the last storm of the season.

      Delete
  3. What a lot of snow. Glad the kitties enjoyed watching the snow blowing. Stay safe and warm, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried my best to talk the snow gods out of their vengeance but apparently I failed...... :-/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Just Wow! It looks so pretty to me, but then I don't have to deal with it.

    We're expecting a high today of 63 but a low Thursday of 23 with the possibility of snow/ice. Around here we get all the seasons every week lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is bad enough, but ice is the worst. About the time that you'll be getting your storm, we'll be expecting highs in the 40s. We get the same seasonal changes each week, too.

      Delete
    2. They're predicting a chance of it. I never believe the predictions. The really bad winter weather tends to go either north of us or south.

      Delete
    3. Lucky you! The really bad winter weather tends to fall on my house. 😺

      Delete
  6. I just hope the last half of winter gives us all break! Guess we will find out. That's A LOT of digging!

    BTW, I loved The Poseidon Adventure and I actually have that song on an old 45 lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would take that much snow over the ice storm that is predicted to hit us later in the week any day. Glad some clearing of it is happening. It doesn't get easier with each paying year, does it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, sounds like it's your turn and the Eldest's turn for nasty weather. Snow is better than ice, but not by much. I'm praying the storm will fizzle.

      Delete
  8. we are supposedly "in for it" tomorrow night and until cod knows when and if ever I wished a thing to be WRONG...it's NOW.....paranoid as I'm am, now I'll be worrying that mom or daisy needs assist { she's 15 minutes away but still } ~~~ :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s a long way to be if something goes pear. I hope the weather dudes are wrong because The Eldest is in that storm track, too.

      Delete
  9. Snow is serious busy. I appreciate your struggles there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping this would be the last of the season, but I don’t think so.

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness, that is a lot of snow!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete