Monday, October 3, 2022

A Greeting Card for the Eldest

Saturday was National Card Making Day so I decided to make a card for the Eldest and to practice script, layout and design for the Modern Storybook Script class I am taking


The Eldest has moved to a new apartment that is closer to her place of work. I made a 5 in. x 7 in. card base from a sheet of scrapbook paper. The written portion of the card was done on Canson Mixed Media paper. The lettering was done with a Fudenosuke Brush Pen. Materials used for the illustration: Micron Pigma Pen, Tombow Brush Markers, Gelly Roll pen, and a button.

Just in case the button makes the envelope thicker than the minimum requirement, I added a second Love stamp.


The envelope was made with the same scrapbook paper, with the colored side to the inside of the envelope. The envelope was made using the We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board

10 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful thing to do. I love that your envelopes are works of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope the Post Office thinks so, too. 😸

      Delete
  2. Absolutely fabulous. You have 1/4 inch on first class before you need to add a second stamp. However, it is better to be safe than have it returned to you.

    I like how the inside of the envelope is the scrapbook paper. Beautiful handwriting as always, dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turning the scrapbook paper inside, makes the envelope look like it has a classy, fancy liner

      Delete
  3. Nice envelope and what we can see of the card. And what a good way to practice your script. I hope you weren't too cold today. It was 42 when I walked at 9 this morning. Brr. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just did the card front like a postcard and wrote a note on the back. I was fine most of the day in sweats, but my hands are freezing now

      Delete