Sunday, October 9, 2022

How Does Your Garden Grow?


Skeletons and pumpkins. There's another on the opposite rail


At the mailbox


Sunrise


Last week, the trees were green and


just like that the leaves changed, and it was Fall


The New Guinea Impatiens didn't like the chilly night temperatures


Another Audrey growing in the greenhouse


A tomato the looks like a little pumpkin


Weeding under the Japanese maple


A couple of warm days and the impatiens perked up


Early in the Summer, Anne from Anne's Creative Cornucopia sent me some Old-Fashioned Bleeding Heart seeds. She said they are a perennial and would do well in the shade. Hence, all the weeding underneath the Japanese maple.


The seeds are very tiny. Anne said to just sprinkle them on the soil


I hope I planted the seeds correctly. I'll find out next Spring


Some rain and blustery days and the weathergram is still hanging in.

How does your garden grow?


18 comments:

  1. Leaves are turning, and we had a light frost last night, our first. I pulled out the veggie garden this week (well most of it), and I will wait for a heavy frost before everything else gets cut back. Sounds like you've been busy in the garden. And I love your skelly. (smile!) Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself has been busy in the garden. I just take pictures 🎃

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the garden pics. That tomato really does look like a small pumpkin.

    After a week of nothing but rain, we have had a chilly but decent weekend. The sun was out and the temps were in the high 50's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had Thurs and Fri. where temps got into the 70s, but now it's chilly. We had a first frost warning Saturday night. When I got up to feed the kitties the temp. was 36 oF. 🥶

      Delete
  3. This year is not a great one for fall color here, but I got a traditional pumpkin to add some color to the patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of the drought we've been in, the weather dudes made it sound like Fall color was going to be pale. They seem to be mistaken

      Delete
  4. Sunflowers are still blooming their heads off.. Some Sunflower Seeds are on their way to you! I had the envelope hand canceled so i'm hoping they will arrive undamaged.. ! LOVE your skeleton holding the pumpkin! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll show the skeleton's mate next week. Check in tomorrow to see how the sunflowers arrived.

      Delete
    2. ah oh...that sounds rather ominous....

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see your garden! Can't wait to see if the seeds 'take'! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they did because it got really cold last night

      Delete
  6. Our Henry (skeleton) says hi! :-)
    I saw Bleeding Hearts on our Botanical Garden!! So beautiful!
    Other... Ingo bought a pumpkin but so far did nothing with it (he got 1 kg at the market).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't carve the pumpkins. I'll just leave them as is outside. After Halloween, I'll split them open and leave them out for the deer and other critters to enjoy

      Delete
  7. Nice pictures from your garden.
    I do hope the seeds 'take' ok.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I didn't have to wait so long to find out

      Delete
  8. Your garden is looking beautiful! Loving the coloured leaves on the trees and the fun skeleton and pumpkins - perfect 😊. Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last week, leaves were pretty much green and then suddenly everything just popped

      Delete
  9. Great Halloween skeleton! I hope the seeds grow. (I still need to plant mine.)

    ReplyDelete