Tuesday, May 7, 2024

T Stands for Enormous Pancakes



Another play day and breakfast out with Teague. We had breakfast at Johnny Jack's in Milford. Since we were going to run an errand later in the day, we decided we would go out for lunch, too. So I thought I would have a small breakfast and ordered a stack (3) cranberry and walnut pancakes.

To my surprise, the waitress brought out three 8 inch in diameter pancakes and a box. She said you probably want to put one of the pancakes in here to take home. I put in two pancakes.  

I was too busy packing up pancakes, shocked at the size, and eating that I forgot to take a picture of the pancake on my plate. The pancake was overwhelmingly delicious. Note to self, next time we eat breakfast at Johnny Jack's don't order the pancakes.


I had my usual cup of tea. Teague had a hot chocolate.

Drop by hosts, Bleubeard and Elizabeth's blog to find out what the rest of the T Stands For gang is up to. If you want to play, include in your Tuesday post a beverage or container for a beverage. Don't forget to link your blog to Bleubeard and Elizabeth's page.

22 comments:

jabblog said...

You certainly won't starve at that establishment! :-)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

that’s like a small pizza pie. they look delicious no doubt,
though one wonders why they make them that size in the first place ! 🥞🥞‼️💙🐟

kathyinozarks said...

Wow those look like really delicious pancakes for leftover pancakes I make them into peanut butter sandwiches Happy T I love your background

CJ Kennedy said...

That's for sure

robin cox walsh said...

Yummy! (You could have a frisbee contest with those! LOL)

CJ Kennedy said...

I think they make them so big so they can boast they make the biggest pancakes in the world

CJ Kennedy said...

At 8 inches in diameter, that would make a ginormous peanut butter sandwich

My name is Erika. said...

I love going out for pancakes. They are often HUGE- but I love bringing them home because they heat up so well later. Were they good? They look yummy! Are those blueberries or chocolate chip? Happy T day. It's a beauty today before all the rain comes in.

DVArtist said...

Wow! Those are pancakes alright. Enjoy.

CJ Kennedy said...

Leave it to Little Robin to think of that! 😸

CJ Kennedy said...

They had craisins and walnuts in them. Yup, beautiful day and I'm stuck inside getting ready to teach class tonight and start on a commission

Iris Flavia said...

Crazy experience! Here, too - portions are huge!
But yay to hanging out with friends! Happy T-Day!

CJ Kennedy said...

At least I got 3 meals out of it 😸

Sandra Cox said...

Those look luscious. We're going out for breakfast tomorrow.

Lady Caer Morganna said...

I love pancakes!! And I love HOT CHOCOLATE!!

kathyinozarks said...

smiles yes it would could cut into quarters

CJ Kennedy said...

I love going out for breakfast

CJ Kennedy said...

You should come to breakfast with us

Lady Caer Morganna said...

:-D

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to be late visiting, but when my dear friend called in a panic asking for my help, "real" life took precedence over computer life.

Those were HUGE pancakes. Not sure what you paid for that stack, but you definitely got your money's worth. I'm sure the pancakes went well with your tea and Teague's hot chocolate, too. Thanks so much for sharing your breakfast and drinks with us for T this week, dear CJ.

Lowcarb team member said...

LOL They certainly look a jumbo size pancake!

All the best Jan

Cloudia said...

Delightful! Aloha on T day ;)